[resolved] Known issue: videos.scanlines.xyz (our peertube) is down temporarily

hello, i just wanted to let people know that our peertube server is currently down. we received reports of a security issue and are looking into how to address it but had to shut it down in the meanwhile to be safe. apologies for any inconveniences!

3 Likes

videos.scanlines.xyz is back up and running again - lemme know if you seeing any problems (and soz for the downtime) :tv: :zap: :tv:

thanks @cyberboy666 !!

1 Like

was something changed in the login process after the incident? can’t login on peertube after it happened

@pavel hav u tried ‘login with discourse’ on the login page ?

Updating to peer tube 4.0 slightly broke the css hack to overwrite login page with this option. But it should stil b possible using this ?

1 Like

@cyberboy666 at first try it redirects me to the forum and asks for credentials, but when I get back on peertube I see following error “Cannot create such user: an actor with that name already exists.”. Every consecutive try would simply show me the same message without redirection to the forum.

Ahh ok I v seen this before pretty sure I know how to fix.

1 Like

videos.scanlines.xyz is down again briefly while i sort out another security issue with it should have it up again within 24hrs and pretty sure i know what the problem was now so hopfully not needing to happen again :wink:

1 Like

ok we should be up and running again. lemme knw if anything looks is wonky