I’m Lucas from Ghent, Belgium.
I’ve been learning some videomapping using Resolume and Cinema4D the past few months.
When I discovered 2 workshops (build your own oscillator & videobending for dummies) in my town, I started looking up a lot of stuff. I’m already obsessed without ever having made any analogue video for these purposes. I definitely want to start using this to do VJ’ing.
My main plan (for now) is to build a lot of stuff and combine a lot of techniques to do shows on parties
Input: Old VHS-tapes, recording C4D stuff on VHS-tapes, feedback effects with a camera, building oscillator(s), prerecorded stuff, self-made 2D/3D visuals,…
Effects: building a Dirty Video Mixer, Videffektor, CHA/V, 3TrinsRGB,…
Mapping: Resolume and Madmapper
Output: projections on 3D constructions designed in C4D and cut out with CNC-Machine.
- anybody else in Belgium doing this kind of stuff?
- Where would be the cheapest/best place to buy materials? Ali-express maybe?
- Any other techniques/ideas that would fit with this?
- I see a lot of people are programming, which I barely can.
I’d be open to learn a bit of that though, but don’t know what software to use, what language to learn, what I could use it for related to VJ’ing,…
- Anybody has experience with making their own MIDI-machines to connect to ableton-resolume-madmapper? Where would be the best place to start learning this?
Thanks a lot in advance!
It’s great to find this nice community.