Acousticolor Audio Kaleidoscope

Hello I am looking for someone who would be interested in modding an Acousticolor Audio Kaleidoscope. I am having some trouble making it work no matter what type of VHF / FR to RCA adaptor I buy and I’d rather just try to mod it so it has a video out direct if that is possible. Can anyone assist me? Here is a video of the device in proper working order what it is supposed to do: Acousticolor Audio Kaleidoscope - YouTube I am in Los Angeles area, thanks so much.

3 Likes

I can’t help, but I’m grateful you posted this. Also welcome to Scanlines!
I thought at that time such visualizations could only be possible with complex, huge, possibly DIY machinery operated by engineers. It’s fun to learn they were also available to the average psychonaut in their living room.
The following ad is from “High Times” 1979:

4 Likes

u might not find a lot of info on this particular unit, but it looks essentially like a reverse engineered atari music synth thing which has a lot more documentation on modifications! if the rf demodulation is not working to get a signal out tho it might simply be broken. do u have a multimeter and the wherewithal to do a continuity test?

3 Likes

Switched on did my acousticolor and Atari video music. Did u ask them ?

1 Like