And here we go... :)

Hey there! I’m excited to be a part of this community and delve deeper into the captivating world of glitch art and video synthesis. I come with a background in audio engineering and music production. Currently, I work as an AV Tech, but my true passion is the art I create. My journey into the realm of glitch art began just under two months ago, and I’m on a quest to learn as much as I can to fuel my own artistic endeavors. On a separate note, I’m on the lookout for a Roland Edirol V4, a Panasonic MX50, or a Sima SFX-9. If anyone knows where to find one in good condition or has other recommendations for a video mixer, I’d greatly appreciate your insights. I’ve been gradually building my analog gear collection, piece by piece, to explore visual glitches and other effects. I recently acquired my first CRT and have been following TachyonsPlus’s website, although I’ve heard it might be a bit outdated… Any guidance or suggestions are more than welcome!

3 Likes

Ended up finding this wj-ave5 on sale and had to pull the trigger on it:

Seems like a great deal to me…

If you are in NYC go check out Wavefield.nyc for classes and a great community…

If you are not in NYC Phase Shift does online classes and travels around the country offering in person classes…

Their Class Portal is as follows…

https://polyphaseportal.xyz/