AV Artifact Atlas

:arrow_right: avartifactatlas.com/about.html

AV Artifact Atlas is a resource for identifying errors and anomalies in analog and digital video. AVAA is built for and by a community of professionals in the field of audiovisual archiving but useful for anyone working with av material […] The AV Artifact Atlas is for use in the identification and definition of the technical issues and anomalies that can afflict audio and video signals. The goal of AVAA is to advance the audiovisual archiving field generally by strengthening the practice of reformatting archival media content

7 Likes

More like “bucket list”

wow this is an awesome resource ! thanks for sharing it

yeah, that’s what I was thinking too :slight_smile:
how to create these effects by reading up on the fixes / solutions

1 Like

this is amazing

NTSC video emulator is open source software “intended for use in analog artifact removal neural networks but can also be used for artistic purposes - its ultimate goal is to reproduce all of the artifacts described [in the AV Artifact Atlas]”

2 Likes

Hey all, I am fairly new to video synth and analog glitching and I was wondering if there is any reference information somewhere about what kind of mods and effects create what kind of outputs? I’ve seen so much amazing art the last couple of months and I am curious to know what kind of equipment is making specific effects. Recently got a Freedom Enterprise MisMatcher01 and have finally started playing around with analog glitch!

1 Like

http://www.avartifactatlas.com/tags.html#common-artifacts

This resource may be relevant to you! happy glitching!

2 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for. The included examples of each one is also a huge bonus. Thank you!!!

hey @DayvanCowboy @WAYVEE, FYI: I moved your posts in this already-existing discussion about avartifactatlas.com. I also tagged this discussion under #glitch and #effect - hopefully it will be easier to find.

Welcome onboard to both of you, and thanks for your messages!
:boom: :tv: :sparkles:

1 Like

Hey @pixelflowers thanks for the heads up. I am still new to navigating this style of discussion forum and am happy for the post to be merged to the appropriate thread. Thanks for the warm welcome, looking forward to getting to know everyone!