Barco cvm 3237 - Sync problems with pal sources

Hey hey,

Someone is familiar with cvm monitors from barco? Have 2 in a current installation feeded with Mediaplayers via av-composite/ pal. When they warm up they start to glitch heavily with " no sync" on screen. Powering them off for a few minutes calms them a few minutes but then start to get messy again.

Had some samish problems with other ‘modern’ CRTs like Sony bvm14fse. Both of them are capable of sdi/ rgb and are fully packed inside.

Maybe the pal sync is to weak for them and they are more for newer and more quality signal but could I may multiple the composite signal into the external sync and set it on external sync? Or is it a dying cap inside the sync chain?

“Edit: tried & failed. CCTV camera signal is messy too. Guess it’s a cap thing”

Also tried ntsc on them, but they freaked out completely. I do have the passwords to ender deep menu but couldn’t find any solution yet B:

They tend to be the only of my CRTs having that problem…

Any suggestions welcome

Full installation

Cheerio
Kaltwasser

1 Like

recapping is pretty much the catch all answer to “my old video equipment is behaving erratically”, especially if is a tv issue that either improves or detoriorates while its actively running.

something else that might be a thing that could cause problems that get worse the longer they are running, if they are stacked in a large pile like that are they potentially overheating? is there air flow behind the stack? do they do the same thing whereever they are located?

1 Like

Hey Andrei, thanks for passing by!
Yeh yes also tending to the deadcap cause, but they were close to be boiling too.
Replaced the 2 14" inches with 4 9" inches and I’m running again. Behind the wall are 2 ventilators.

Will test them when I’m home at the studio.
What still makes me curious, is that only the kind of technological highend CRT monitors ( CVM, BVM…) seem to have the glitch out after a while. Maybe they used the cheap components on the analog boards and were more focused on the sdi stuff…

Thanks

something else i’ve noticed with ‘newer’ CRTs is that there can be diagnostic boards internally to make sure power and video are both up to spec. often times components on these diagnostics fail before anything actually crucial to performance fails, which seems to illustrate some kind of existential issue with the evolution of electronic design. either way, this is more often an issue when you see a crt power on but no power reaches the tube (no pssew sound and light coming out) or power reaches the tube but no video gets pulled in. when all else fails can check for that issue

1 Like