Black syphon and obs

I recently downloaded black syphon to route black magic inputs to different software.
but now obs wont recognize the intensity shuttle unless i route it through black syphon, which i dont totally why that would happedn. but now when i do route it through the audio gets completely destroyed and stuttering.
this is very frustrating because i had a very good streaming workflow going, and then was excited to start combining hardware and software together, but this threw me way off.
has anyone else had similar issues, or worked out how to use black syphon and obs better?

1 Like

i updated obs. i ended up getting the shuttle to work directly with obs again and streamed for awhile with the audio working just fine. but i think there was problem was trying to get it into video_waaaves and obs in parallel. i will do more test later…

2 Likes

if i have black syphon and obs running at the same time black syphon seems to cut off anything else grabbing direct from the shuttle, but only when black syphon is running. might be a process in the activity monitor that needs to be shut down if its continuing to happen. working rn on switching waaaves n whatnot over to ndi pixel sharing protocol to replace syphoning in general as well

1 Like

yahh looks like ndi is the future -> shame its not really possible to send and receive on arm / rpis yet !

1 Like