Can you repurpose a guitar pedal as a video glitcher?

Hello,

Does anyone know if you can run a composite video out, through an adaptor and into a guitar pedal? And then the same on the other side, leading to a CRT. Could the guitar pedal then function as video glitcher/distorted?

Thanks, and apologies if I make a mistake in posting this. It’s my first time posting here.

1 Like

Welcome @GirlInBox !

its a good question - you can do this… even just plugging audio into a crt tv will create vertical black and white flashing / bars …

however processing a video signal through guitar pedals on their own wont leave much of the original signal visable.

This is because with composite video the sync information is also stored on that signal… and most guitar effecte will mess wit this part of the signal…

i have howeverhad some success with using the sync_ope (sync restoring circuit) with guitar effects to get some nice results

The other thing to keep in mind is that analog video is a bit faster than audio so most effects wont be designed to run at that speed…

Def worth playing around tho if u have the pedals already :slight_smile:

Thank you. After looking at your post and the video you made I think this is exactly what I was looking for. I’m excited to try using a sync ope + something crazy.

1 Like