Cha/v case design?

Does anyone have any tips or ideas for a cha/v case design? I’d like to take it out and about. Cheers!

1 Like

for what its worth iv been gigging out&about with my exposed_pcb_circuits for many years (including festivals) and never had any problems with dust / shorts etc…

in saying that though cases / panels look cool and can be a lot of fun to make!

a classic simple enclosure design is the front_panel / back_panel pcb sandwich

3trinsrgb+1c does it like this:

if you have access to the gerber files for the pcb (like in the case of cha/v i think?) you can use these to design a panel around it → can export to svg and then add holes & cutouts for the interface… or even do the whole thing in pcb software like kicad if you want the option to get ur panels fab’d out of FR-4…

depending on ur access to tools/materials could get panels laser_cut (at a hackspace maybe?) or pay someone to cut them out for you…

if you dont want the open sides could also add a “wall” layer of cut out acrylic like they did for the video equations:

another option would be to buy a “project box” - usualy electronics stores will have these…

then you can drill some holes in them and mount the pcb - usuaully just using washers and nuts on the switches / Potentiometers will be enough to hold it in place…

2 Likes

…uhm, yeah - but: the problem with the CHA/V in this regard is that none of the buttons, outlets, inputs, patchbays and switches align in a way that would allow one to make any kind of enclosure around it or at least a cover for the top…

…other than the 3TrinsRGB for which i was able to make a simple 3D-printed enclosure that works really well (i‘ll try to post a photo and if i find it again also the STL for this)…

2 Likes

@fairplay - challange accepted :wink:

2 Likes

…i am looking forward to what you will come up with!..

I should get a CHA/V just so I can take a stab at making a case of some sort…

1 Like

Oooh, got a picture or link?

A post was split to a new topic: 3trinsRGB+1c – 3D Printed Case Design File