Composite Video i/o for M1 Mac Mini

Hey! Yesterday, I found an old Panasonic AW-SW350 Video Switcher at a thrift store, and I’m so excited to get it up and running!

I want to connect my Mac Mini to it, both for capture and as a video input.

I’ve found many solutions for capturing composite video (including those on this forum), but I can’t find anything about converting a computer video signal to composite.

I’d love to get a single device that can do both, but those seem to all be out of production or out of my price range.

Is my best solution to use a cheap composite to USB for capture, and a separate HDMI to composite converter as the input for the switch? If so, I already use my one HDMI port for my main monitor. Do I need to get a Thunderbolt to HDMI converter, too, or is there a better solution I’m not thinking of?

This seems like a cool group of people who are into the same stuff I am. Thanks in advance for your thoughts and product suggestions!

what I use, and what i think is the best option, is the cheap composite to USB for capture (i favor this one: Amazon.com ) and then to get a thunderbolt to HDMI and then HDMI to AV for getting video out of the computer. enjoy!

1 Like

Okay, thanks!