Documented Hardware Mods

Originally added this to DIY Hardware Synths page, but then realized mods probably should probably be their own separate thing (and didn’t see a pre-existing page/thread).

CRT > Oscillograph

Via Cracked Ray Tube, this tutorial demonstrates how to hack into the deflection coil of a CRT television to create visualizations from audio sources. The process can be used as a music visualizer or a tool to sculpt lissajoustype visuals in the style of an oscilloscope.

Warning: contains information on opening, discharging, and modifying a cathode ray tube, which is an incredibly dangerous process. Use at your own risk and only if you are experienced with electronics.

CrackedRayTube

Panasonic WJ-MX10 Luma Key Mod

Adds option to key with a video channel rather than only solid colors.

Solidex Excel 200 (Fritz Telegraph Mini)

Courtesy of BPMC, adds nice glitch effects to otherwise lame composite video processor.

3 Likes

Analog Video Transmitter

Electromagnet TV Hacking

Oscillographic TV Hacking

Check out the tutorials at

1 Like

I think this thread/info got subsumed into this more in-depth listing:

thanks @sean !

could you please help me here and confirm me if we can simply delete this page then?

if any content in this page is still missing in Diy_resources file system maybe could you please add it there and then confirm me so that I delete this page? you should be able to edit it

also useful would be if anyone could suggest 2-3 hashtags for Diy_resources file system and possibly a more descriptive title page

I’m not English mother tongue or versed in circuitry so these little things can become complicated to me…