Dual region mixers/processors/color correctors

just wondering if anyone has recommendations for gear that isn’t bound to one particular standard? i have an ave5 and a JVC JX C7 that are presumably PAL models (i’m in the UK), yet to test if they can handle other signals, although the manuals aren’t giving me much hope.

edirol v4 lets you switch formats… and most consumer gear released around / after this time does aswell

most of the older panasonic/videonix etc are made for a single format - if they have a full ac power cable coming out back (like the ave5) rather than a switching dc brick supply ( like the v4 ) its a sign it probably wont let you switch regions

1 Like

seconding @cyberboy666, all the roland stuff past v4 should be switchable. sony dfs systems as well, 2000s era grass valley stuff too. Panasonic mx70 is as well, probably the most relevant b/c it also has dual channel color corrector.

I don’t know about the likely hood of any switchable video processors or color correctors, after the 90s most of that kind of thing seemed to mostly get built into the digital systems of video mixers instead of as stand alone gear. if they exist, they would most likely be very digital rack mount models, as it would have been absurd to build an analog color processor that would be switchable between formats.

2 Likes

thanks dudes much appreciated