Hi new to the group
I just got an edirol V8 from Europe (but I’m in US) and everything works perfectly except there’s a subtle flicker that happens at the same frequency with the menu letters and happens more intense on the two channels when effects are selected and especially when in a feedback loop. It’s always the same speed/frequency. It’s also really hard to capture on my camera, whenever I film my crt screen at 60 fps (like you should) it appears to be fine from the camera.
Things I’ve tried:
- 4 crt’s present the flicker at the same amount, so not the monitors
- have tried 3 power adapters and doesn’t change
- have unplugged everything in my house to kill any ground loop and doesn’t change
- tried different cables/adapters power outlets, unplugging everything from mixer
- I’ve tried every setting in the v8 including sync threshold and other things in menu settings like PAL/NTSC
The thing is, all video signals like VCR’s/cameras/VGA all come in with a stable image but as soon as you put on an effect or do a feedback loop, something on the screen is flickering from varying intensities. I’ve used Panasonic video mixers and know that you can occasional get strobing when using effects/feedback loops, but never encountered a mixer that strobes so quickly and always stays at a similar rate. It’s like there a slight doubled overlay slightly out of sync whenever the mixer gets pushed in any way.
Im happy with the results when I capture it from my phone but just have a hard time looking at the screen, really hurting my brain haha. Let me know if y’all have any suggestions or ideas, or if the feedback on the V8 is just usually a bit stroby in general.