Finished RGB mixer!

Thanks @January for the tip on using vga! it ended up coming together way easier than I thought. I wanna try to mess with the horizontal and vertical sync now…

3 Likes

That’s not a mixer. :slight_smile:

You’re just limiting the R, G, and B signals with some potentiometers.

That’s like stirring a glass of water and saying you’re mixing the H’s and O’s together. :slight_smile:

A mixer mixes two or more things together.

A useful effect, however. KEEP EXPERIMENTING! (and you probably shouldn’t bother messing with the HSYNC and VSYNC, you just won’t get anything on your display if they’re not JUST right…)

1 Like

@vesface OHH MY GOSHH!! It looks so great!!

I love your build! I’m glad I could help little!

bsom is right, it’s more of a color tinter but it’s still great!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you were already planning on it but, you can use altoid cans or any can really for a box. Here’s a feedback loop I made from lofi future

57ED01CA-9692-46B7-BD09-445DABD10A8B

42E92B66-5F5A-4434-98E5-FE791FFD4F1F

973C2DB9-3B67-496B-B739-1488AFEBD803

3 Likes

I’ll try that out! So far I’ve been using old cassette boxes, but the plastic is awful to drill holes in so I’m eager for new options. It has already been pretty useful- sometimes the devices I’m working with have some clashing colors I’m not a fan of (like brown and neon) so being able to have this control is really nice.

1 Like

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Just be careful of shorts! Those Altoid tins are conductive. Make sure you don’t create some accidental circuit bending! :slight_smile:

Hot glue is your friend here. It makes a great insulator and cable stabilizer.

And GREAT JOB! KEEP EXPERIMENTING!

1 Like

Hi @vesface !!

Found this DIY build that I think you might like.

1 Like