Hardware video playback device with midi triggering?

Hi, I’m looking for some type of hardware device, euro or other, that can playback video clips triggered by midi notes. I’m looking to use my Arturia Keystep Pro or other hardware sequencer to trigger video clips. Any suggestions?

1 Like

…Roland P-10…

…the forums own r_e_c_u_r and/or _recurBOY_:

1 Like

I have a recurBOY and I know it has a midi implementation, but I didn’t think there was a way to fire different video clips via midi note on messages. Here is the midi mapping file:

@cyberboy666 do you know if recurBOY can do this?

Maybe you can borrow commands from the r_e_c_u_r midi mapping, which is more extensive:

not out yet, but i’ve been following the development of this standalone HD playback device

for standard def i think hypno can play clips from a usb drive

1 Like

Yes that is the midi mapping for recurboy - it pretty much only exposes the controls on the circuit (it does however allow you to control the pattern parameters and effect parameters with difference cc values which is useful)

if i wanted to sequence trigger the next video to play with recurboy i would send it two midi notes: a move_down followed by a enter command

as mentioned also above the original r_e_c_u_r project based on pi3 has much more focus on the sampler side and there is lots of features around mapikg videos to numbers and triggering different ones etc - so you can def do this with recur and midi control.

Let me know if you have any more questions about eeither of these and im happy to help!