Hdmi switcher & keyer with loop thru that also works as input with VSERPI and VSEJET

a WPHD user from france, camille, just sent me a link to this interesting peice of gear

is a 2 channel hdmi switcher with apparently some mild mixing capbilities (all needs to be configured externally on a seperate computer) and pass through that works with WPHD. i’m assuming, bc VSEJET’s are all pickier than VSERPI that this would likely work out the box with all the VSERPI as well. same goes for recur too i’m thinking! haven’t had a chance to test it yet but throwing this out there if anyone else is faster on the draw than i am and wants to give it a run through!

also, mostly unrelated to this post, was looking to see if there was an unbranded version on aliexpress, didn’t see anything immediately that fit the bill but then saw this stand alone capture box that works with 4K HDMI/CVBS/VGA/YPBPR inputs. i’m probably not going to pick it up anytime soon but someone should give this a test run, esp any of those folks who’ve been posting about lack of functional replacements to blackmagic cards!

2 Likes

interesting to see the dual hdmi capture card / device ! does it need a usb-c port to work ? because that might rule out running on rpi3s atleast…

has anyone tried inputing two separate usb capture cards into a sbc type computer like this for two channels ? coz that would def be cheaper…

that capture box you share also looks interesting ! been wanting a new capture option so may pick one up and report back

dual usb inputs on pi3bs can techinically work but usually ends up dropping lots of frames with total fps peaking at 15. dual usb inputs on the jetsons works better but still has some issues, main ones being resolution limits and severely finicky gstreamer settings. i found a cheapo used of that dual hdmi capture thing so can test out soon and report back.

1 Like