Issue with video input - first use

Hello!

I’ve just recently came across this wonderful piece of software (shout out to Andrei!). I was trying to get it up and running on my PC but sadly I’m coming across an issue I don’t understand.

I’ve followed these two guides:

I was trying to capture video from VLC using NDI. I’ve configured correctly ofApp.cpp and main.cpp to have correct resolution as well as Capture Device so it matches the ID to NewTek NDI Video. However, when all 3 windows pop up I don’t see any video input from NDI.
When I check console there are following messages:

SETUP: Looking For Capture Devices
SETUP: 0) Integrated Webcam
SETUP: 1) NewTek NDI Video
SETUP: 2) OBS Virtual Camera
SETUP: 3 Device(s) found

SETUP: Setting up device 1
ERROR - Could not find specified video device

SETUP: Disconnecting device 1
SETUP: freeing Control
SETUP: freeing Capture Graph
SETUP: freeing Main Graph
SETUP: Device 1 disconnected and freed

Even though the app is well and running with NDI Region of Interest targeted on VLC.

I’ve tried to use OBS Virtual Camera as workaround but it didn’t work as well and I didn’t see any video in the Waaaves window but according to messages from console it was running.

***** VIDEOINPUT LIBRARY - 0.2000 - TFW2013 *****

VIDEOINPUT SPY MODE!

SETUP: Looking For Capture Devices
SETUP: 0) Integrated Webcam
SETUP: 1) NewTek NDI Video
SETUP: 2) OBS Virtual Camera
SETUP: 3 Device(s) found

SETUP: Setting up device 2
SETUP: OBS Virtual Camera
SETUP: Couldn't find preview pin using SmartTee
SETUP: Default Format is set to 960 by 720
SETUP: trying requested format RGB24 @ 1280 by 720
SETUP: Capture callback set
SETUP: Device is setup and ready to capture.

ERROR: SampleCB() - buffer sizes do not match

I would be grateful if someone could help me to troubleshoot this or explain why it’s happening as I’m dying to use and learn this software!

Anybody?

this sometimes happens when there was a mistake with resolution mismatching from NDI virtual cam and the .cpp, so would double check this is legit.

i would also test and make sure there is actually video going out through ndi via their ‘studio monitor’ exe

and i would triple check everything step by step in the windows part of the guide bc there shouldn’t be any issues if everything is followed!

1 Like

Thanks Andrei for your reply! I was hoping to see that but I know you’re busy man. Anyways once again thank you for the tips, I’ll definitely check that!

So I’ve done a complete uninstall of all Visual Studio and reinstalled it and deployed once again Waaaves. I was able to have video input in Spectral Mesh, however, it was really random - once it reads NDI Webcam and my integrated webcam and the other time it’s just black window.

I couldn’t find any pattern in the behavior though as sometimes I had to restart my computer and try again then it worked.

This is a great tool with incredible possibilities and I’m completely aware that it’s work in progress, however I’m just wondering if it’s something wrong with my laptop or is it normal that it’s inconsistent in how it works? I’m on i7 with 16GB RAM and integrated GPU.

Eventually, I figured out what was wrong and why I couldn’t consistently use the tools. It was simply due to disabled camera privacy settings that were blocking the soft.

Thanks for your help @andrei_jay! I just can’t stop playing with this lovely tool.

I guess you can close the thread since issue is resolved.

1 Like

ah yes, privacy! forgot that everyone got scared that javascript and flash were going to film them looking at naughty pictures on the internet for a while