Lets try out an event calendar

2020-11-24T19:30:00Z Lagoon City and Trent Hawkins weekly live video multi-feedback and space music stream.

nah its totally cool and a helpful reminder for the rest of us to actualy use the calendar lol

2 Likes

switching to Twitch at least for this week if not permanently, because during a test stream tonight Youtube contend ID identified our improvised synth noodling and video feedback as copyright material and blocked me from streaming for a week, because Youtube is consistently awful. Not that Twitch is much better, but at least it’s a bit less likely to do that.

URL is updated.

1 Like

just a reminder that the scanlines streaming server is also open to community use, you can share / view the results at stream.scanlines.xyz ,

we might not have all the features / discoverability of youtube&twitch but also wont ban you for synth noodles :angel:

2 Likes

that’s good to know, actually, I kind of assumed that we wanted to reserve the bandwidth more for community organized events than for regular streams. I’ve been thinking of doing sort of live deconstruction of some TBD well known movie at some point, whenever that happens I’ll definitely do it here.

sounds good !

yah if it comes to that, one day we might want to prioritise community stuff like you say. but atleast rn the machines are running pretty idle and bandwidth is piling up. so anyone who wants to use it is welcome

3 Likes

Just a heads up that I changed the name of my current music project and its attached channels to Lagoon City, and updated the calendar accordingly.

2 Likes

The online-only duo has a prerecorded performance on May 11:

Basically the same as our livestreams, except upscaled to glorious 1080p.