Mezkalin Glitch Units

I really like the look of these units but I don’t know anyone, nor have I spoken to anyone, who’s used them, before. They look fantastic (video output and physically) but am hesitant to jump in at the prices (the Synthwave Killah is €800, obviously that’s the one that caught my eye!)

2 Likes

Delayed reply here, but I use a couple of Mezkalin devices and like them a lot. There’s a lot of care and attention that goes into them, hence the price. Whether it’s worth it for you or not is harder to say. The Synthwave Killah is great. I recommend Mezkalin in general though.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeballing a Rusty Joe for a while now. Might have to make the plunge!

I ended up pulling the trigger on a Nitro.

It is an absolute BEAST.

Long time lurker, but this thread made me create an account. I found someone selling a Rusty Joe waaay below MSRP some time ago. It was supposed to just be a hold over until I could get my hands on some BPMC stuff as I’d heard so much positive buzz about them. 3 BPMCs later (Basic Cable, Fritz, Nasty) and the imo the Rusty Joe exceeds the BPMC units. I wouldn’t have felt bad if I had paid full MSRP for it. I felt the need to share this because of how little conversation there is about Mezkalin compared to BPMC and Tachyons+.

1 Like

I think the main reason there isn’t as much hype for the Mazkalin gear is that he’s a relative newcomer to the glitch gear world. (Especially compared to Tachyons+ or BPMC)

I’m REALLY jealous that you got a Rusty Joe on the cheap. I’ve been saving my pennies for one!

I think also because a lot of the chatter about glitch art etc comes from folks in the US, whereas Mezkalin is in Germany, and the devices are PAL.

2 Likes

I have a Lil’ Rusty currently sitting in customs waiting for clearance. Once it’s in my hands I’ll give a full report!

It’s hard to compare a circuit bent mixer to the enhancers and processors and stuff though in my opinion at least that rusty Joe is beautiful though

Man, that synthwav killa has always caught my eye preview videos, have the most unique, beautiful texture

1 Like

Hi, I did some tests with the “Mezkalin - Glitch Video Mixer” Snoopy edition, I’m very happy, it’s easy; gives even the most boring video a jolt. obviously you have to try the adjustments that are different according to the video input.

2 Likes

I am pretty happy with this thing. My first adventures with it really game me an idea of what I can do. It’s one of those effects boxes that you really have to both learn the nuances and accept the chaos of. I dig it so far!

2 Likes

Couldn‘t be happier. Super trusty and reliable contact. Would not want to live without my V3 Syntheaver :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Received HEARTBEAT colorizer last week (currently not listed on mezkalin.com - but in stock). Never had such an awesome color palette before!