Midi video on my Pi

…i use an APC40 MK II to avoid that:

…there is a Resolume-template for this comtroller, but it is also very easy to make one yourself…

That thing looks rad! And yeah I know virtually all computer programs of this sort can use hardware midi controllers. I do have some… It’s also that I’m putting in a machine that outclasses many of the abilities of my hardware. Kinda throws the whole thing askew for me and leads to even more option-itis.

But I don’t want to put too fine a point on it.

A great suggestion though, I have an MPK gathering dust at the moment.

A camcorder could provide some of what you’re looking for, especially thumbnails. And it would fit your hardware approach :slight_smile:
But you started from MIDI controls…a camcorder couldn’t likely trigger clips very quickly, which you may need to do.

We Pixelflowers have a “Resolume & AKAI controller + analog video equipment” setup, but we are two people and each one focuses on a part. In rare cases where I performed alone (so there was no Resolume), I sometimes used mediaplayers or a small laptop to play short playlists of looped video clips, which I was processing with the analog stuff.

What you could easily control via MIDI it’s a mixer like the Edirol V8, to switch to channels where clips are already playing, but again this would provide less than you are looking for.

Hey thanks!

Yeah I have like 6 camcorders, 2 v8s, a v4. They’re on midi. P-10 can trigger video clips fast enough. Probably other things can too. The people here have pointed me in the right direction.