Mouser Export Restrictions, Where get AD8072

Hey yall, new to the forum and A/V synthesis in general. Was buying parts for the rupture by underscores, ordered the AD8072 and a few other parts from Mouser and had my order canceled by the export team due to parts restrictions. I found the chip on Utmel, are they legit? I am on a time crunch since Mouser gave me no notice of the order cancellation or the parts being restricted, when I called they said they couldn’t divulge reasons, lol. Any tips for where to get parts like this reliably? Excited to tinker. : )

ya tracking down ad8072s is getting a bit tricky. I source cheap ones from aliexpress - i always test them before including in kits / buikds… had a few duds maybe like 1/20 fails but they are cheap enough that this is fine for me…

happy to share the ali link i used last if its useful or to send you the parts u need (you csn buy full kits on underscores.shop or just write me if you want custom)

ps i tried to update the rupture curvuit with other opamps but none made glitches as good - so gonna keep using them here anyway… will do a revision of sync-ope tho to switch to an easier to source opamp

2 Likes

Hey yeah I’d appreciate the ali link. I managed to find an AD8073 on ebay which is coming monday, rest of the parts I got from tayda + enough to build a videffektor which im also hype for.

heres the ad8072 link i last used - good luck with the builds !

1 Like

Curious about this discussion, as I just got home from a work trip and was delighted to find a package from underscore with 1x rupture, 2x syncope, and 2x 2.1 colorizer.

I noticed that the rupture came with the AD8072 preattached! Thanks so much for saving me the time sourcing and doing the smd solder paste work. I dont have a designated work space, and i’m positive i’d have made a mess.

I was interested in ordering more rupture pcbs, and have a plethora of components at home so dont need to order much for assembly. When they become available again, can I continue expect them to arrive with the opamp preattached? Or should I order my own just in case?

Really appreciate the short cut you’ve offered me by allowing me to order pcbs. Reignited my passion for prototyping and modding designs.

Happy to hear you recieved the pcbs all good !

for all underscores kits with smd components you will find them presoldered to the board - this is to help people getting started with diy who may not be ready to try some smd soldering

Usually the bare pcbs dont come with any components… in this case you were lucky since i didnt find any pcbs without ics already soldered on…

But it could be a nice option (particularly for rupture where the ad8072 is a bit hard to find) to offer an option of getting just the pcb + ad8072 soldered on…

Finished building and as expected ran into some issues :^)
Turns out the ad8073 I ordered off ebay was the smaller IC size which made soldering a bitch. Pass through doesn’t work as expected, gives a distorted image. Some of the pots don’t seem to do anything but this might be because I don’t know how to work it well yet. @cyberboy666 could you explain how the circuit works in a little more detail? I understand that the opamp feedback loop is the main “brain” but the how is a bit unclear. Thx

Figured out the pass through issue, user error :stuck_out_tongue: I think everything actually works as expected, I tend to get a black line in the middle on occasion. Unsure if that’s normal.

since this circuit is a result of a circuit bending approach the actual schematic doesnt really make much sense to me either… its adapted from a design published on karl klomps old video bending blog and i believe they discovered the glitching effect from some trial and error with the video opamp… (maybe someone who knows more than me can make sense of whats happening here tho?)

regarding how the controls work - its true they dont all respond in every state - theres a bit of discovery / happy accidents when playing around on it. for a more detailed run through of the effects i achieved using this circuit you can check out this demo video:

and it is true that the passthrough can add some artifacts to the signal (infact some of the best effects imo come when the signal is on either side of the signal processing block) - if you remove power from the circuit while in a passthrough state it should prevent this from happening tho