New round of vsynth and obs classes at polyphase

howdy all, i’ve got another round of video art and video synthesis classes open for registration at polyphaseportal.xyz

Digital Video Synthesis and Vsynth is a comprehensive introduction to composing and performing using entirely abstract video synthesis tools!

and Video Art in OBS is a course in how to use (and mis-use) the software OBS as a performance tool in the same way as many of us use hardware mixers, analog cameras, and glitch devices!

i’m hoping to have a sound design and vector synthesis class up for novemberish based on using VCV rack, drop a line here if thats something you might be interested in so i can gauge interest!

3 Likes

i’m bumping this b/c i ended up delaying the vsynth class til the end of october, so there is still plenty of time to sign up! theres also just a couple days left to sign up for the obs class as well.

been noticing that in the last year or so my polyphase classes aren’t really filling up the way my online classes used to back in the day. wondering if

1. the right folks just aren’t hearing about them
  2. they are too expensive
  3. times are not convenient
  4. boring

i think i hit that threshold point on my instagram account where i got just enough followers that now it’s hiding posts and trying to encourage me to spend money on promotions lol. or folks are just sick of seeing me post about waaave pools at this point. just wondering what folks think about the polyphase classes in general!

1 Like

its a good discussion to have! i have the feeling that its mainly due to recessions / increasing costs of living - in general people have less money to spend and/or less free time - both things you need to take classes like this.

if u are working too much overtime maybe you just want to buy things for instant gratification rather than investing time into upskilling/learning …?

i would agree that platforms like instagram/fb are more aggressively prioritizing content they can monetize

interested to hear what others think here !

1 Like