People who repair video equipment? (in NYC or elsewhere?)

I couldn’t find an obvious place where this was already addressed, so starting a thread here.

I have a few bits of equipment that have stopped working. I’m not much of a technical person myself when it comes to repairing electronics.

Who here - or that you know of - that can fix old video equipment? Is it worth creating a list of resources here, or in the wiki? (Or does this already exist and I’ve missed it?)

In my case, I’m looking for a tech in NYC. I would like to get a Sima SFX-10 repaired - at some point it just stopped powering on, and it could be a straightforward repair. Anyone here recommend someone/somewhere that could repair this?

Separately, I also have two cameras that are not working, which either would be great to repair, or to provide for free to people who would benefit from reusing parts from them, if helpful at all… in this case, I have a Sony AVC-3250 tube camera which only shows a line on the screen that it is connected to. And also a Panasonic WV-CP460 CCTV camera, but when connected to a CRT TV it only shows a blue or red screen; the menu text shows up and can be scrolled through, but no proper video image appears, that I’ve been able to figure out so far. In both these cases, it would be great to have a resource for people to pick these up for free for parts if helpful. (Or if anyone recognises the problems mentioned above, any ideas for repair?)

Thank you if you’ve read this far! I’m glad to be part of this community.

1 Like

If you don’t mind traveling to Long Island, go to Ardian Mile in East Meadow. Ardian is an extremely skilled older gentleman with decades of experience and he can fix anything audio/video. I’ve brought him CRTs, decks, cameras, speakers, distribution amps- he repaired it all for me and his prices are very reasonable. Cash only though. Tell him I sent you- 516-796-0029. AA All Electronic Services, Inc., 2305E Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554

2 Likes

This is great - thank you! I’ll reach out to him!

1 Like