Raspberry Pi based video gear

I’ve got some Nanokontrols and a Livid Code 2, and both are way more than it needs (plus the Livid is very nicely built but the encoders are stepped, and it’s something like 24 or 36 very obvious steps per rotation, so it’s not really that great for performance, it’s more for tweaking things accurately and carefully.

I like the idea of a box with the same basic form factor of the commercial Eyesy, except it’s just a USB controller. But in the medium term I’m not going to get around to it any time soon and I’ll probably just use a Nanokontrol until I’m so used to it I don’t care.

Maybe the forthcoming 8Mu device from Music Thing Modular: Bogdan Raczynski on Instagram: "This is the 8Mu midi controller by Music Thing Modular, aka @tomwhitwell. It's smaller than a cookie. There are 8 faders, 8 gestures, and 4 buttons, which is a lot of control! It has a perfect weight to it, solid but not too heavy. Learn more at https://www.musicthing.co.uk/8mu How would you use it? #eurorack #modularsynth #electronicmusicproducer #iphone13promax"
(the link has a video that shows it a little bit, btw)

Despite it being from MTM it’s not a synth module, just standalone, I think. It doesn’t have 1-to-1 controls for the Eyesy, but maybe it’s close enough? (And it’s so tiny and cute!)

1 Like

Seems pretty cool but also does a lot more than I would need, if I actually do this I’ll just take one of the existing basic Arduino MIDI controller projects and stick it in a case with a few buttons and pots.

When did bzzzbz get added to the list? I just don’t remember it when originally going through this thread. Has anyone had a chance to try it?

Is this wiki only for open source hardware? If not I came across these two projects recently:

3 Likes