recurBOY availability?

Hey, first thing I’d like to say is I’m very impressed with the work you’ve been doing - the quality, the pragmatism, and the commitment to open source - hats off!

I found recurBoy when I was looking for a video source to go with my Roland V8 and it seems just perfect - not only is the only “loop player”-type device currently available, but also supports the shader effects, which is something I’ve been spending a lot of time on recently :smiley:

My question is, are you expecting recurBOY to be back in stock anytime soon?

I know I can order the PCBs from JLC and get the parts in the bom, but I’d prefer to keep the open-source modules economy going :wink: But also I’m very aware how much extra time and cost there is involved in sourcing all the parts yourself, especially if you just want to make a handful of devices. Plus I know I’d be tempted to iterate on the designs, replace the buttons with keyboard switches, maybe make my own eurorack-compatible plate, and I’d end up with yet another project in progress :smiley:

I hope there’s some chance for getting the device from underscores not too long from now, if not I might be looking for some other people to do a PCB/part group buy with

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello ! Thanks for the kind words :innocent::innocent:

Yes recurboys will be back in stock very soon (i actually have all the kits made just waiting on the micro-usb cables to arrive that comes with em…)

If you cant wait a few weeks and dont mind providing yr own usb cable email me and we can sort something out :slight_smile:

3 Likes