Syntonie cvb001/2

Has anyone used both syntonie cvb modules together? I’ve got a 001 on the way planning to use with hypno/waaave pool etc… but wondering if 002 is different enough to pick up as well. Thanks!

1 Like

I have built and used both. They are quite different from each other. CBV001 is a bit more unruly, but so so so good. Definitely run it into a CRT for better stability. I like using CBV002 in a feedback patch, and I think it really shines in this set up much more that running the signal straight through to output. But I’m sure there are many creative possibilities. I am generally underwhelmed by CBV002 in a straight-through patch, while CBV001 is incredibly awesome even in this straight-through approach. But seriously when you get CBV002 in a feedback patch it really opens up.

Also sync_ope (available from underscores) might also help with the stability of CBV001. This is my next project, but I’ve heard it works pretty well.

I would not suggest the use of a TBC to add stability because they kind of kill the magic — the glitches just don’t look as cool.

This lack of stability is difficult in a live setting, but for studio use where editing is possible, the best results (in my opinion) come from pushing a CRT to the extreme and then rescanning the CRT.

depending on the “flavour” of said magic sync restoring via sync_ope may also change the look of some glitch effects… it depends if the glitches are being created by messing with the sync/colour burst portion of the signal…

there is no silver bullet when it comes to capturing analog glitch effects… i see sync_ope, tbc’s and rescanning crts as different tools for different jobs…

2 Likes