This effect..How?

Hi friends? I’m always getting a lot of help thanks to you guys! Thanks to you, I can use many effects. I don’t know how to express my gratitude. Because you’re no different than helping a young man work on media art to graduate school. But I always crave better works and want to use more effects. Right now I’m really new, and I think I’m not good enough because I only work with one V-4.

And while looking at references as usual, I found the techniques I really need and the parts I really want to try.

I attached three links.
Number 1 and number 2 are when an object moves, and then the afterimage of the object follows, just like the ninja cartoon “KAGE BUNSHIN NO JUTSU”. There’s something I want to say through that effect. If the information I saw is not wrong, I think I use a machine called Fairlight CVI. But that machine is so old that it’s hard to get… If you happen to know a machine that allows you to use such an afterimage effect, please recommend it!

In the case of number 3, glitch effects seem to come out only in certain areas. Is it possible to have that effect on my V-4? If possible, please let me know. If it is impossible to implement in V-4, please let me know what method you used.

Only a few people in Korea handle this process like our community, and it is actually an unexplored field. Sometimes when I’m upset and sad that something doesn’t work, it’s a great pleasure and study for me to ask you questions and get answers.
I’ve never seen you in person, but I think all of you here are so nice people. I sincerely hope God bless you, what you do, and your family.

1. Clovis Tessier on Instagram: “:roller_skate::dancer::heavy_plus_sign::tv::repeat::video_camera: :roller_skate:@aimeemousessian #videofeedback #videoart #videosynth #videosynthesis #crt #crttv #edirolv4 #panasonicmx50 #videonics #generativeart #newmediaart #analogvideo #analogvisuals #resolume #videocircuits #videosynthesizer #openframeworks #osc #creativecoding”
  2. https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckg5Ds_r1Hh/
  3. Cyborg Jungle on Instagram: “Kagestar glitched :japan: #glitchart #analogart #videoart #videobending #videosynthesis #vhs #vhsaesthetics #glitchartcollective #edirolv4 #videonics #vhsart #scanlines #television #analogvideo #camerafeedback #analogfeedback #glitchcult #glitch #vaporwaveart #psychedelica #videomixer #newmediaart #glitched #videofeedback #vj #vintagevisuals #glitchvisuals #analogvisuals”
1 Like

Hi Pio.P,

Sorry for the late reply, I hope you will receive this message.

I see that you mentioned a post made by me. Awesome :slight_smile: To get back to your quesion, you can divide most video effects you see here in 2 categories.

1. Video effect, which is your roster of effect options availabel on your Edirol. Which needs a video source, it applies an effect (e.g. colorized effect) and basically creates a stable video output.
  2. Video glitches. This is where your distort the video input and it creates an (unstable) video output with a very crunchy glitchy feel.

The effect that I am using is achieved by a special module created by Melted Electronics. It is called the Mutant Enhancer which is a very fun and diverse module to create different video glitches. You can find the module here (DIY Analoge Video Glitch FX Mutant Enhancer ntsc / pal - Etsy Nederland).

You won’t be able to achieve this effect with your Edirol V-4. But there are many methods and modules that can create this effect. I believe most people call it: Edge effect.

If you have questions, send me a message on Instagram and I will help you out.
https://www.instagram.com/cyborgjungle/