Tips / techniques

new to analog video art but diving in fully and was looking for possible ideas for my set up so far i have a Videonics MX1 , Edirol V4 , Panasonic Wj Ave55, Lullaby Machines video enhancer , sima pro series color corrector , hdmi media player , dvd/vcr , and two hi8 camcorders. If anyone has some recommendations on how i should rig this up. Im currently looking at purchasing one more device from a gear maker so any recommendations on what would be ideal to add to this set up would also help a bunch. (considering the Mezkalin Carena)

i think you’ve got way more than enough to get started out and would hold off on purchasing any additional things until you’ve got a good idea how to use all the stuff you’ve got rn!

this might give you some inspiration on what to do with the cameras, mixers, enhancers and color processers so far

1 Like

appreciate it !!! tysm

1 Like

…while Andrei’s comment is sound advice and should really be followed - there is always the G.A.S. (with which you seem to be well infected already) with it’s prominent and demanding ground-rule:

one always needs ‘one more’!

:wink:

yeah i think ive caught the bug

update - looking to run a set up with Resolume (using animations and videos i make) with an edirol V4 , Hi8 camcorder, videonics mx1, circuit bent video enhancer, and a mainbow video synth by chroma cauldron. I also have a VCR that can be used. Any suggestions on a good performative live set up for this (i also have a Panasonic Wj ave 55 i picked up for 50 bucks) appreciate all the help !

Pick one. It doesn’t matter which one. Beat every last image/movement/whatever out of it that you can, until it hurts. Add something that expands the first one in a direction you wish the first one was more flexible. Repeat. Do that again. Don’t buy anything else. When you find something that doesn’t help much record some of what it does and sell it.

3 Likes