Today you learned about

Hi think it would be great to have a thread of daily triumphs of what we learn in video art!

https://wolfcrow.com/understanding-luminance-and-chrominance/

Today I was researching more what chroma and luma are. What did you learn today?

3 Likes

most recently ive been working more so in general signal flow worlds, ive got a set up for adding audio reactive input into waaave_pool so getting some functional knowledge of how to get useful low latency data from ffts running at audio rates into a 30hz video feedback zones. its a little bit on the dry sides for me but i do have interest in future experiments with ffts for video and audio synthesis projects so it is pretty much always super handy to have a grip of algorithms and hacks for working with a set of signals

4 Likes

Today I learned about aubio, an open source audio analysis and labeling tool kit. It’s capable of beat/pitch detection and streaming MIDI converted from audio input. I spent part of today looking for some low latency guitar-to-MIDI solutions, and it looks like it could be a great open source option for that, but also for generating data for visual parameters. Thinking about putting something together with Electron to connect to WebGL.

Also interested in using it to auto-slice audio files, could be powerful for creating and labeling sample libraries.

2 Likes

TIL that there’s, like, a 10 Channel Audio Mixer built into the Roland V1HD. Total Game Changer.

1 Like
chat.scanlines.xyz