TRASHPALACE preshow community screenings

im relaunching a film club in wellington next month that i have been running on and off for some years now…

TRASHPALACE : a weekly celebration of outsider, strange, experimental and cult cinema

anyway i like to screen pre-show footage before the feature film, something atmospheric / ambient to put on the projector while people are arriving, getting settled, making tea etc.

so was thinking maybe there are some artists here who would like to have their work shown in this kind of setting ? happy to have submissions from anyone who has longer form pieces (~30mins+ worth) they want shown to a microcinema full of movie goers in nz (+drop links to socials too if you want em shared) - also if u just have some recommendations to other pieces that might fit this preshow MOOD happy to hear them too :smiley:

semi-related, semi-desperate ⚠️ TRADE OFFER

nevermind it is all sorted now :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

heya @cyberboy666, i’m new here so i don’t seem able to able to dm you. i’m a friend of @pixelflowers and happened upon this very nice community yesterday. i can help remove some desperation from your life :tv:

1 Like

very cool! i’ve been checking out the list of films over at cyberboy666. do you by any chance know where to find Johnny Mnemonic in Black&White? can’t find it anywhere on the deep, darn web… looks rad! thanks

we ended up watching from bluray rip - also didnt find it anywhere on the web yet - iv made the TPS03E15 public again you can check it out although will take it down again shortly - we usually only share the film online for 1 week after screening

EDIT - heres a download link

1 Like

thanks mate!! downloaded! :popcorn: :smiling_face:

[OT]

…uhm…unfortunately the upper link is (again) an ‚.ru‘-link which is still blocked in my network…

[/OT]

that’s weird. all .ru domains or just some domains?

you could try changing your default DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and see if it helps

What do you mean again ?

I posted a download link from static cloud storage.

the idea of trashpalace.tv was to host the programs from our physical screenings online for 7 days after so people who cant make these screenings in person can follow the film club at home. Its not my intention to permanently upload all these films

…ah! - ok, sorry, misunderstanding…my fault:

all ‚.ru‘-domains are intentionally blocked in my network - and ‚again‘ because the third scanlines-birthday-show was streamed via some ‚.ru‘-server which was also already blocked back then…

…essentially i was just whining about being excluded again - but the only one to blame is me…

…sorry…

…download in progress…thank you…

Oh i understand now - yes i had forgotten about the stream ! I do understsnd using .ru is an accessibility issue for some users (you are not the only one to have an issue w this) - im hoping that future streams atleast will be self hosted by us again as they were in the past!

1 Like