Video eurorack modules which use plain composite video (ie not LZX format)

ah sorry I mean the new one Mainbow!

Mainbow Demo

4 Likes

Ah that makes sense now! I’m hoping to grab one too.

They say video synthesis is 1% inspiration, 99% feedback loops.

1 Like

that sounds like a good advice. Yesterday I was trying out different routings and I put the CBV001 into the feedback loop. what a nice surprise!

5 Likes

Hi all. I have these modules and they work great for getting HDMI and Analog signals in/out your modular set up. Also, they work great in a feedback loop as well.

TYMKRS A2H
TYMKRS H2A
TYMKRS Glitch CRT

3 Likes

Thanks for the reminder IOM, I got the Gltich CRT a while ago and needed to pick up the A2H and H2A to get the feedback loop going. Ordered and waiting!

1 Like

I have had really good success running that feedback loop through the Fluxus Duo.

1 Like

one good thing about the couple of video modules and diy circiots I have so far is that I don’t think any of them actually use the -12v power line at all, thinking I’ll build some small rack which doesn’t even need a eurorack power supply, just a decent +12v DC :slight_smile:

Definitely going to pick these up when I get my tax return.

Just out of curiosity, how does the A2H handle signals with weak/broken sync? I assume it doesn’t do any kidn of timebase correction itself, so if I want to convert unstable, glitchy signals without dropouts I’ll want to put a timebase corrector in front of it, right?

1 Like

The A2H is basically this :
Amazon
But with a faceplate instead of a case.

1 Like

…this thread is aimed directly at my purse - especially as many of the items mentioned here until now seem to be actually available right now (what is rarely the case with electronics these days)!…

…thank you for the pointers…

1 Like

…hmmm - well, i‘ll soon have both in my toolbox then…it would be a pretty expensive faceplate though…we‘ll see…on the other hand: being able to screw it into the eurorack-case might be an advantage over having another dongle float around…

Good question. Just ran some video through it and split the signal so going out HDMA via the A2H and the other to small CRT. What I have found with the FD with the HDMI out and Cheap USB capture is that if you stay away from the extremes things it stays pretty stable. The one issue with the A2H is once I loose a signal it usually requires me to repatch for the monitor to pick it up again. On the plus side you get complete different effects/glitches when running HDMI out versus CRT scan with the same video feed, but I assume folks here know that already. Lots of fun and experimentation to be had.

Exactly. I picked it up to have in a case and one less thing to worry about. This way I have analog and digital in/out and my glitch all in one place. The other hardware I have is Roland P-10 and Panasonic WJ AVE5 w/ titler but I am all about keeping this small since I am tight on space. I am waiting on the Hypno so will have to re-evaluate once that arrives.

I can vouch the MVIP is the original all in one video module created by the man himself Dave Jones. Lil on spendy side but once you have a few rounds with it you’ll understand that it’s worth way more then what u end up paying for it. I’m surprised that mod is not talked about more often. Another plus, it’s available for order always it seems until current stock is depleted. Ur not taking a chance when purchasing this mod, ur making a sound investment with years of glassy eyed good times to look forward too. It’s the original hypno.

2 Likes