Video eurorack modules which use plain composite video (ie not LZX format)

Hi, i’m interested* in video modules which deal with composite video directly and don’t rely on the sync distribution cable stuff etc that the LZX and releated modules use (as lovely as that is!), anyone know of any good examples (sold modules or DIY schematics)?

E.G Syntonie CBV001 and this interesting one Wave Comber i found on etsy

*interested in reading/watching about, maybe building/buying, maybe designing one myself :slight_smile:

thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i just mentioned it on another thread - but there’s the jones mvip! maybe others will know of more.

1 Like

wow that looks amazing, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a wave comber in the mail, I’ll report back in the moment arrives and can build it. :slight_smile:
Check also analog reason.

2 Likes

Oh yeah looks nice, simple but effective :slight_smile:

Just posted this on that other thread too, but check out the second section here. Many listed there have already been mentioned in this thread, above, but does include some other options. Erogenous Tones Structure, notably.

2 Likes

oh yeah, fluxus duo looks pretty cool. a friend of mine has one.

if you include modules built around raspberry pi, the list definitely gets longer.

3 Likes

Second on the mention of the Fluxus Duo. Love mine. A deceptively deep and flexible glitch module that can work wonders in a feedback loop or as an end of chain lofi texture effect.

1 Like

there is the Hypno
and the Syntonie CBV001 & CBV002

2 Likes

i am a huuuge fan of wavecomber, i have two1

2 Likes

The LZX Visual Cortex counts, I think. It can take composite in and outputs composite (among others). And it doesn’t need sync since it’s a sync source in an LZX system. It’s no longer in production though.

Also, the LZX Memory Palace counts, I think. It outputs composite (among others). It doesn’t take composite in, but it can do a lot without and video input, if you’re just using images/clips from the SD card. Doesn’t need sync if you’re not using it with an LZX system. This one’s still in production.

1 Like
chat.scanlines.xyz