Video feedback box

hey! i was daydreaming about feedback and saw someone selling a lot of backup cameras on craigslist and i thought this might make a cool little project - any thoughts or impressions?
the two cameras with a switch would be for changing angles on the screen and hopefully the lag would create cool effects, colour organ is to, well, add colour.
trying to think of more physical ways to implement neat effects, maybe mount the feedback cameras to servo motors with cv inputs so they shake and make new shapes in time to music?

i’m not sure if the third camera would look good as an output but would splitting the LCD screen input to make a second RCA out harm the integrity of the signal? ideally i’d want whoeever makes this to be able to see the output on a digital tv

2 Likes

looks like a fun project! you’d want to use a distribution amp to split the composite input, in order to not lose integrity of the signal - but just a normal splitter can sometimes work, if you’re ok with being a little lo-fi, depending on what you’re sending it into. sometimes it can be cool to mix the signals from multiple cameras when doing feedback too.

1 Like