Video waaaves 2.5 getting quietly released (also post bugs/issues here)

Hey ! Thanks for your quick answer.
I’m on Arch Linux (btw haha).
The error seems to point to this “stack” thing… with this note from my IDE :

note: ‘std::stack’ is defined in header ‘<stack>’; did you forget to ‘#include <stack>’?

When I add #include in the header files (Helpers.h and ImHelpers.h), the app builds and then results in other errors (by pairs) being → multiple definitions of blabla…
As in : conflicts of definitions…

Since my IDE suggests to include I obviously have doubled the calls.

If maybe you can provide me with some info on this stacky-stacko I can find where it is and what it is.

Cheers

All good !

Here’s the solution:
For some reason my addon Directory called “ofxImGui” came with these files:

• Helpers.h & Helpers.cpp
  • ImHelpers.h & ImHelpers.cpp

And deleting the first pair (Helpers.h & Helpers.cpp) did the trick.

Next step for me is to get around this NDI thing… which I guess I won’t use because I’m very poor and I don’t fancy proprietary gear :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted here or anywhere else if you prefer.

ndi requires no extra gear whatsoever, its simply a protocol for sharing video and audio over local area networks. the main use case for folks is for screen grabbing off desktops but theres a lot more potential than just that. good to know u got a fix, i have only built oF on arch linux for my jetson nano project and it was quite the project!

Aw ok ! Thanks for the info. I understand it’s also used by the Hypno from SleepyCircuits. This is great !

I just got the VIDEO WAAAAAVES 2.5 up and running on my computer (I still have 2-3 bugs) ! And I’m very happy now.
For now my solution was to comment out anything in relation with “ofxNDI”. One thing I noticed at first is that the “ofxNDI” addon you’re using in the package from your Github is not the same as the first result on https://ofxaddons.com/ (I assumed it was because of an OS / platform difference) and so this is why I commented everything out to concentrate on just compiling quickly (and see the first results and make sure it works on my Arch).

Now I just double checked on ofxaddons and noticed the more recent maintained version by nariakiiwatani (nariakiiwatani) · GitHubBIG FACEPALM

I’m gonna revert all the changes and come back here with more news ! And probably in the end we’ll find a way to publish the VW 2.5 version for Arch with QtCreator.

1 Like

Just one more thing… I commented out “cam2” since the app was crashing without a second /dev/video detected in the setup() process (or earlier). Maybe I’m gonna work on an iteration or conditional function to get the available capture devices and then launch the app.

But it’s probably simplier for anyone to either comment out cam2 or find an USB webcam. :slight_smile:

yeah im still working on learning the gstreamer management sides of things, its a process but will start to have better linux support once i nail that aspect of things down

2 Likes

Hey Creutzfeldt ! I just saw your reply at the top of the thread.
Well It’s partially working on my Dell XPS 13 (2016) running on Linux. Let me know if you need help or can wait for a cleaner push on GitHub. In the meantime, it’s worth digging into OF on Linux for sure, just to better understand the folder structure, etc.

I also recommend using QtCreator as IDE (probably available on your distro package manager), because it takes care of all the compiling and also gives you feedback on errors in a beautiful and colorful way.

1 Like

Small Gui bug with the displacement ranges of texmod

line 257- ImGui::SliderFloat(“texmod fb0_z”, &tex_fb0_z_displace, -fb0_y_displace_range, fb0_y_displace_range);

This is bugged for each buffer. copypasta’d.

so lines 257, 390, 521, 652 all need fixing(this is assuming that Gui.app is previously unmodified).

1 Like

yo jediv! i’ve been stumped by this issue all night and saw that you all found a way around it. could you break down a little about how you built the individual apps in xcode? what file did you launch and what steps did you take, then what program did you end up launching? sorry this is all a whole new world to me! appreciate u

How are folks capturing their Video Waaaves output on PC? I’m capturing into OBS (using the Visual Studio “display window” as the source), and it seem like it’s getting squashed. Wondering there’s a better way to capture higher quality that I’m not thinking of? Thankssss for any insights.

Update: I’m now using NDI to pipe dem Waaaves into OBS and it seems to be a higher quality feed. Haven’t managed to get an NDI source fed into Waaaves yet, but that’s the next goal.

1 Like

display window can be a little glitchy at times, i mainly capture in obs using desktop capture and then scale everything else to just the windowed area i care about

I’m on the same setup. how did you get the webcam to come up. When I open up the app the controls show and my webcam light turns on (green) but the window for the video is blank. I tried following along the part about changing the camera source but that shits kinda over my head and got lost. Could you help?

Not sure if this has already been noted, but I was able to get around gatekeeper as the aforementioned article showed; however, the font of the terminal code displayed in that article is somewhat confusing. It calls for 2 dashes (--) before ‘master’ as opposed to the 1 (-) between ‘master’ and ‘disable’/‘enable’ as so…

sudo spctl --master-disable

and to re-enable gatekeeper

sudo spctl --master-enable

Hope this helps any newcomers like me!

1 Like

oh yeah gatekeeper is always fun. right click on the .xcodeproj, run, and select “allow” or whatever pops up in the warning window should usually bypass it permanently for each specific app/project on some versions of osx

Was wondering if someone could help me out with getting started on Video Waaves. So i’m pretty new to all this and was wondering what to do after pressing the play button in Visual Studio to get started on making visuals.

I figured it out haha nvm

1 Like

Hi, I’m getting this prompt in xcode whether or not I’m building the suite or individual apps.

ld: warning: dylib (…/…/…/addons/ofxNDI/libs/NDI/lib/osx/x64/libndi.4.dylib) was built for newer macOS version (10.10) than being linked (10.9)

ld: file not found: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I don’t know much about this kind of stuff and was hoping someone here might humbly point me in the right direction. Very excited to get this up and running!
Currently on osx 11.2.3

Same here, I’m on Intel MacOS 11.4 and X Code 12.5. Wondering if building this isn’t possible in Big Sur yet?

Project Generator has the damaged issue even with gatekeeper disabled.
Opening the Xcode project files works, but gets this after following the guide steps and compiling: