What plug is this?

Hey probably a dumb question but I live in ireland and have never seen this before anyone know what type of cable this is and what kinda adapter i need to find for irish three pin plugs? its the power supply for a crt btw
149160141_239698397870754_6172949106611950681_n|281x500

2 Likes

it’s great to know what they name of plugs like this are. Decades lived and you can call it a power cable/plug and people will know what it is. Then you want to order a converter or replace it it’s handy to know the actual name.

2 Likes

maybe obvious, but make sure the crt can accept the voltage levels from the wall power in your country before plugging it in with a passive adapter !

2 Likes

the good thing is that the step-down transformer you’ll almost definitely need to run a 110v/120v North American CRT on 230v is going to be smaller, cheaper and easier to source tan the step up transformer you’d need to go the other way. I dont know if running it on 50hz AC instead of 60hz will be an issue, someone who knows more about electronics will have to answer that.

Is the CRT both PAL and NTSC compatible (or is it a computer monitor of some kind)? If it’s a TV set, it might be harder to get it working in a different region than it was designed for, but again you’ll want to check with someone who knows more than I do about it.

2 Likes