Whats yr studio/workspace look like?

lets see where everybody makes their video stuffs! this is my bedroom office which is a bit more optimized for working on the rpi stuff and general purpose programming, most of my larger gear is in the phase space basement zones. important: lots of plants and a fully stocked tea bar

10 Likes

this was my studio this past weekend when i had a greenscreening zone set up. it’s under a loft i built which covers half of the main space in my small apartment and the rest is full height. behind the greenscreen is my equipment storage. i rearrange my tables (and equipment setup besides my desktop computer & speakers) depending on what i’m working on.

10 Likes

Hey, I have that French press!

1 Like

yeah the glass ones just dont make sense to me at all

1 Like

current noiz rig setup…
:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Wow!! Tell me more about the electronic percussion setup on the far left!

3 Likes

Not too keen about showing the whole thing as I’m not good at designing/organizing/decorating the space where I work. I have a large enough room with big tables, which means that I can accomodate everything I need, but also that I’m not forced to keep it in order and in fact I don’t. There are big windows, a tall ceiling, there’s a couch, two white walls where to project (and a blue one), and the neighboroughs haven’t complained yet because of the volume, so I feel super lucky. This small pic should be enough to illustrate the current situation on my desk, it just goes on like this

6 Likes

i have always wanted an electronic kit built out of all of the geometric shapes the industry created back in the 80’s.
so…after a long time of collecting…i kinda found all the shapes i wanted to build the rig. (some brands i avoided due to quality)
all of the pads and even the DrumKat in the middle are wired into a patchbay in the computer rack to the right. this way i can connect them to any and all of the drum synth modules i have. last but not least is the most powerful and super overkill MalletKat which serves as a keyboard controller for me since…well…i don’t play keys.
a percussionist…not a keyboardist…hah!
:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i am very inspired seeing other peoples tranquil work spaces. for me (similar to @pixelflowers ) its mostly mess in boxes or mess on surfaces.

heres my workbench on a good day:

and the view on a good evening:

9 Likes

I’m in a converted attic space in Ohio, so I’m grateful to have my space heater, electric blanket, and humidifier. I also have a double lamp situation to make things feel cozier. Also seen: a ruler on the floor I like to measure the air with when I’m 3d modeling.

14 Likes

Master of mess

9 Likes

Little corner in Berlin

10 Likes

This is my studio for visual experiments. It is very small.

A record player with stuff on it, a camera, an 8x8 LED matrix, sensors of a robot, Fischertechnik toys from the old days, a GamePad, glass marbles.

And what you can’t see on the photographs: a very powerful computer with Debian, openFrameworks and Clojure.

6 Likes

Its usually a tangled mess of cables. This is a rare look.

9 Likes

Liking the old Panosonic mixer (ol the left). Just like one I circuit bent.

1 Like

Great set up!! What is the module at the top left with the joy division faceplate?

Still a mess but coming together slowly. Still have to figure out where/how I’ll be mounting r_e_c_u_r, get a third Nanokontrol and start building a colorizer. Longer term I should have space for a single row of 3u modules below the matrix switcher, design a more compact panel for the patchbay.

The shelf setup is a temporary hack because the table it’s on isn’t deep enough to fit anything in front right now, but eventually I’ll make a case for it with a drawer or something at the bottom to hold the controllers and 3trins.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:
Thats a custom build Oscillatoscope2b from gieskes, I really like that device and it is somehow eurorackable. The new version (vga) even has a euro option.

1 Like

we just got settled in here. added a couple more bits since, bunch of free furniture too!

got a little bed set up so low-key living here also :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes