Will r_e_c_u_r work on a raspberry pi 3a?

Questions the title. It seems very hard to come by any 3B+s these days but 3As are definitely popping up. Would be cool if this would work but maybe having less ram means it wouldn’t run properly?

hey @cata - sorry iv been mostly offline this last month - but the short answer is i dont know - havnt tried it myself or heard from anyone who has yet. but i hav a feeling it should work - whether it will be exactly plug and play or will require some playing with config changes first is hard to say, but could be worth a shot trying i rekon

as a similar example i once tried running the standard recur image directly on a pi0. after reallocating some ram in config it did boot up as normal. actual playback was a bit laggy coz a pi0 has a single core etc. but im sure a 3a will handle most things fine - as always if you are outpuing sd video // not doing everyhing at once performance is better

1 Like

thanks i might give that a shot and report back here if i do!

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:
Has anyone been succesful running it on the 3A+ ?
It just hangs after the splash screen for me so far, anything I need to with memory allocation?
…or maybe it is working for me, after the splash will it just go to a black display unless you have small screen also hooked up to the GPIO pins?
Currently I just have a CRT going from the pi via HDMI-analog converter. Just trying to test it out, but maybe it won’t show anything by default on the external monitor after booting?
Thanks

1 Like

yes - it will default to black background until you tell it to do something - usually this would require the tft screen attached.

if you really wanna test it without the screen attached you could put it into dev mode - this outputs the gui display and the video output on the same (main) screen_out…

to do this you will need to get to a terminal (easier way would be to ssh into the pi from a computer ) and then find and run this script

Ok thanks! I ran the script, it did seem to change something initially, I could see some desktop icons briefly and then the cursor, but still ended on the blank display… I will try again when I get a tft display, I need one anyway…looking forward to getting this working :slight_smile:

1 Like