Artificial life and auto_waaaves

howdy!

some new things i’ve beeen working on for the waaave_pool platform are getting ready for release on github and for purchasings. artificial_life is a generative video oscillator, its actually like a bunch of video oscillators linked in a bunch of signal based feedback loops:

auto_waaaves is a hardware/firmware upgrade for the waaave_pool that includes an audio ADC and uses FFTs to convert audio signals into control signals for wp parameters. the firmware version will also have a beta version of parameter locking which will allow yalls to draw your own lfos basically so this is kind of a giant nest of modulationing! its based off the hifiberry adc/dac hat which can be used for phosphorms output as well as future audio reactive upgrades for sm/al/ca/sha64 and plus for a couple more audio processing and a/v synth things i’ll be working on !

6 Likes

auto_waaaves seems very promising. looking forward to seeing how it progresses :slight_smile:

I have a question about artificial life. I have set my nanokontrol to the correct cc #’s, but I was wondering if the colorizer on knob 7.

I am able to adjust red, green and blue levels, but only by pressing AND holding the s15 button. Is it intended that the button be held while adjusting these levels? Or is it supposed to “latch” to the color being adjusted. The issue here is that when I let go of the button when adjusting blue or green levels, the cc for the red is applied, changing the intended red level.

Thanks @andrei_jay, this program is amazing!

1 Like

Getting some amazing stuff running AL thru spectral mesh already… and have no clue what I’m doing!

2 Likes

i think your button might be broken! or mistakenly switched to transient vs toggle mode at least

1 Like

That’s the kind of thing I use Spectral Mesh for the most, too, but with the 3trins or a feedback loop as the input.

1 Like

I love it so much. Was getting interested in vector rescanning/rutt Etra stuff, but don’t want to deal with oscilloscopes and analog systems/PD stuff with a dc coupled interface right now.

For the square footage and economic requirements, such a no brainer and gives a similar vibe.

These 2 have checked a lot of boxes of the types of visuals I have been interested in. Digital textures alone are beautiful, and analog distortion can be added elsewhere in the chain.

Update @andrei_jay, I think I had too much plugged in on one power strip. Seems to switch, not toggle now.

Alright full correction. I just used the nk2 mapping from the waaave pool GitHub file and everything is working great now! I must have done some mapping incorrectly.

2 Likes

Just got my artificial life running today. After fiddling and sliding for an hour I watched your “manual” video. While it took several times watching the info is starting to stick.

Really appreciate your style and delivery. You’ve made chaos accessible, fun, and beautiful. Thank you.

I’ll post some videos as soon as I figure out how.

2 Likes

Hi @Strangebird , welcome to Scanlines! great to hear you’re having fun with Artificial Life.

Since this discussion is meant to host videos of what we do, I’m moving your reply to this other topic, which is about Artificial Life

As soon as you have some videos to share with the community, feel free to do it here

It may be the case that as a fresh new user the forum prevents you to post some kinds of contents. If that’s the case feel free to ask for help.

About posting videos: as a Scanlines member you have access to https://videos.scanlines.xyz so feel free to upload there your videos and then share the links here.