...fairplay's setup... *

…as i couldn’t find a better place (other than opening ‘my own’ thread) i’ll just attach a photo of yesterdays setup here - please let me know if that is not ok (and if possible please point me to a better space)…

…top left is the streaming-stuff (to Youtube and theoretically to Twitch at the same time), below that two P-10s, a V-4 and a V-8 and to the right of that the top is a video-eurorack-collection, below that four (homemade) @andrei_jay units (Phosphorm, Auto Waaave, Artificial Life, Auto Mesh) which are really-really great(!) - thank you!! - mounted on a rack-drawer with one-each A/V- and HDMI-matrix-switchers and an audio-distribution-unit…

…and yes: i listened carefully to andrei’s thoughts in his last video about ‘posting gear-photos/collecting gear instead of performing actual creative projects’ - in my defense: i am actually using the stuff :blush:

1 Like

(the content above was posted as a comment but it surely deserves its own topic)
…everyone here:, please feel free to start your ‘personal’ topic about your own equipment and techniques, it benefits everyone else especially if you fill it with practical notes and things you learnt

…some intermediate stage impressions:

wow! that is a very extensive setup. i see all of the live video feeds coming in on the preview screen - would you share what your uses are for this setup? do you use it in your house, or is it for live gigs out and about? are you shooting bands performing and stuff?

also, how do you transport all of it? do you get others to help you with it? just curious because i feel like i have too much stuff in my live rig but it’s just one table’s worth of stuff. i can’t lift heavy road cases like that though and i don’t have a vehicle so i use a rolling suitcase.

it looks like you put a lot of thought and care into developing this rig. all of the raspberry pis looks so sweet nestled in there, and the nanocontrol overlay stickers are neat. thanks for sharing.

…i‘ll happily add more detailed information as soon as i get a little time and have some detail-photos available…

…also, the setup is still ‚work in progress‘ - i just ordered a bunch of stuff to re-build the wiring in the lower right case…after a powerplug unplugged itself and rendered most of the visuals-setup unusable just before the start of the last session i have to re-organise the cables there…