Housing for recurboy?

BTW, where can one download the disk image for Recurboy? The link on @cyberboy666’s Github is broken.

I will fix the link and let ya k ow ! btw I also had no preview on a panel from jlc pcb but it arrived as I expected

@cyberboy666 JLC just released it for manufacturing, so it must be OK. Just never loaded Gerbers before without the preview working. I guess I’ve been lucky. :slight_smile:

Also, thanks on the link fix. I’ll keep an eye out for the updated link.

@bsom where is the broken link ? the one here still working for me - GitHub - cyberboy666/recurBOY: a pi0 video-instrument designed for diy workshops , but iv also added it to the top of the readme now. :slight_smile:

also i will add @BastienL 's euro-panel designs to the github repo

2 Likes

On this page:

1 Like

fixed thanks :))

1 Like

@cyberboy666 I’ve poured through the recurboy documentation and BOMs but I see no mention of what screen is used. It’s doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere except where the header for it is mentioned.

1 Like

thanks for pointing this out @bsom - the docs for this project is a bit messy since it was originally only used for workshops (where we prepared the kits)

iv spent some time today trying to update for diy builds on the readme:

you should find more info about part sourcing in this section of the readme/docs , and also updated full bom here with links etc…

have you ordered recurboy pcb already ? im in the process of revising the board slightly, because i was finding that some of these cheap screens i had bought for this were acting a bit weird (cutting out or not displaying at all some times, where others worked just fine)

i narrowed it down to something (interference?) on the SPI data line (SDA) causing this - even though inspecting it quickly on the scope it looked ok…

my work-around was to solder a small bit of wire onto this pin - and that (somehow) stopped this happening

the revised boards extend SDA trace instead and also put full ground planes on both sides, which seems to have solved it, with the ones i tested…

so ya lemme know if you have any screen issues as i have also been battling with ths lol

2 Likes

Ah right, might be cause the panel doesn’t have copper planes, also got the same issue with some front panels, should be okay though!

lol! Look what just arrived in the mail!

2 Likes

Boards arrived yesterday but with the holiday madness around here I haven’t even placed an order for parts yet. I’ll work on getting through the BOM and figure out the best place for me to order parts from the US. If I can find a single source (or two source because of the screen) BOM, I’ll share it here.

1 Like

Anyone know what kind of ‘joystick’ knob fits the 5 way switch?

1 Like
  • caps for the 5way tact switch can also be found on aliexpress or elsewhere Diameter: 8.5 MM * 10.5 MM high Inner hole: 3.1 * 3.1 MM

50 pieces! :slight_smile:

I’m going to give these a try and comment when they arrive:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256802739001866.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.3.3fe062ebWiywpi&algo_pvid=003723d6-750d-44b3-9ed2-5e7b240ccb8f&algo_exp_id=003723d6-750d-44b3-9ed2-5e7b240ccb8f-1&pdp_ext_f={“sku_id”%3A"12000022830953390"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!USD!0.45!0.45!!!!!%40211be72e16732895648861180d0743!12000022830953390!sea&curPageLogUid=eycitbNPJRQB

@BastienL I made some front panels with these Gerbers. An issue I’ve noticed is that the CV jacks don’t properly line up with the holes in the front panel. Their horizontal spacing is incorrect.

eeek its possible the placement has changed slightly between versions (although i cant remember why this would be)

i made a fully enclosed recurboy unit recently as a custom commission, so will be able to share this design soon (needs a few slight changes to hole sizes … ) and could do euro version also

3 Likes

@cyberboy666 Yeah, an ‘official’ Eurorack faceplate would be awesome. This one works for now. I have the jacks in there all wonky while I test but a touch up with the soldering iron would straighten them out quickly.

as soon as i start building the euro rack system iv been telling @BastienL i will meaning to for years… then “official” panels will follow soon after lol

• iv got a handful of modules & kits + an lzx capsule supply waiting to be built. just need some rails… and free time lol
1 Like

…yeah! - that would be nice!…