Housing for recurboy?

Ah I didn’t know the jacks may have moved on next revisions, I got r0.2 which is pretty early I think, and the panel does fit correctly to it. Will check the pcb files of the last revision and make the modification.

How in the hell did you use this panel with the Eurorack power connector? You have to solder the Eurorack power connector on the topside of the board (counterintuitive coming from a Eurorack background as they’re usually on the back) but then the front panel becomes useless as you can’t sandwich the cable between the PCB and the panel.

I’d love to take a crack at redesigning the recurBoy PCB to be more Eurorack friendly…

@bsom why do you have to solder the power adapter on the topside ?

(i dont have a racked recurboy so i never have tried it myself, but could you not just connect it to the back ?)

1 Like

Well, oddly enough I put it on the backside to test on a board and it didn’t work! :slight_smile: It shorted out my test Eurorack power supply. It has short circuit protection and immediately tripped when I put the connector on the back.

But looking at it now, I may have installed it backwards when I moved it to the back. DOH!

YUP! I absolutely put it on backwards! I’m a professional!

ah yeah damn ! scary about the short! well i would blame the poor documentation personally haha. it should be on the silk-screen!

Will the panel linked below work with r0.6 of the RecurBOY?

Good timing - some pcbs arrived yesterday including the mk_ii panel design, and yupp they fit perfectly - this is on a r0_6 , but also fits r0_7_1 the same:

Ps my plan is to eventually offer panels for my projects in the shop too - i wanna 3d print little spacer standoffs once i can afford a printer…

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation, @cyberboy666. I’m trying to adapt this to eurorack format. Will share when ready.

1 Like

Should just be a matter of extending the panel height adding mounting holes in correct place… and i would suggest a usb mount to fit with something like this:

Yes, I might add that. On the RPI there is also an HDMI Mini-port. I don’t suppose that the video signal is sent through that as well as the composite port on the front? I don’t have access to any HDMI Mini-cables at the moment, so I can’t test this.

1 Like

It can send it through one or the other (but not both at once) so ya could b nice to expose this as well

??

Exactly my thought! Thanks, I’ll try this.

Is the red stripe really facing the top of the recurboy?? (ie, -12V is at the top of the 16 pin power connector?)

Oh man, this recurBOY is so awesome! I’m still waiting for the final rca jack to arrive from mouser and I just discovered that the hdmi output works flawlessly! Absolutely amazing!! Thank you @cyberboy666 !!!

2 Likes