Open call: livestreams for streamlines series

hello, i’d like to see who might be interested in doing a stream here on the forum for our monthly series! i’d like to set another one up for some time in july, but also let me know if you’d be interested in doing one at some point later on. feel free to reply here, or send me a direct message in the scanlines chat.

this could be a streamed audiovisual set, or even a demonstration or talk if you’d like - i’m open to ideas. you would be sending us the stream via OBS, and we will embed it globally at the top of the forum during the event, and people can hang out in the chat. you would be able to propose the date and time, though it’s great if we can have it be at a reasonable time for people across our multiple time zones!

feel free to spread the word… our test streams and first edition of the series were really fun, looking forward to doing more!

4 Likes

I’d love to!

I’m getting really into glass right now
I could do some of that for sure
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCbDlopBkMV/
maybe talk a little bit about it

I could do some audio too at some point maybe not for the whole thing
https://coordinator.bandcamp.com/ some of my older audio stuff (ciat-lonbarde tape chop compilations)

I also just moved all of my video stuff to one spot which is a first

I’m excited to see what happens with more than one case going at once

of course I would do some scrawl demonstrations and talk through that a bit too

so probably
glass & talk
paper marbling LZX & Ciat-lonbarde audio
Scrawl demo
all together???

just off the top of my head
if you’d have us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that would be really amazing! let’s talk more about these ideas soon!

1 Like

I would love to as well. My buddy and I do A/V improv sets.

Very flexible on time as well. How long do people usually stream for?

1 Like

awesome ! i think 45 mins to an hour is good for this, since it’s only one set per edition and they can be a bit on the ambient side in the sense of how people tune in.

1 Like

Definitely into doing a 2-3 hour DJ/VJ set. . . It’s a party in a box!

that sounds like a good time ! i will keep you in mind for one of the editions !

1 Like

Now that my livestreaming partner is back from vacation and we’re practicing weekly again I’ve messaged him to see if he’d be interested in doing one of these. We’ve still got some stuff to work out, especially on my end since I have to juggle all of the visual side of things, run the stream, and play a couple of instruments, but it has been progressing pretty well.

This week was our first time playing in almost a month, but it went OK.

3 Likes

very cool ! we would love to have you.

2 Likes

If you’re still taking ideas for av sets, I’d love to livestream my project! This summer I did a long set for an experimental music series Frequency Fridays - here is a recording.

4 Likes

that would be cool ! this is an ongoing series so happy to keep hearing from anyone who’d like to participate in a future edition.

1 Like

We’re officially in, but defintiely need a few weeks to tighten up everything. I’ll PM soon to work out the details.

2 Likes

great ! we are just doing them about once a month, so there’s no rush. feel free to message me on the scanlines chat (that goes for anyone who’d like to be involved!) (also i will be mostly offline next week but will definitely respond at some point)

i’d be very interested in participating!
here’s my ever growing playlist for some examples of the noiz:

2 Likes

that would be great!
how are you getting on with your stuber?

1 Like

@spike that would be dope !

1 Like

the Stuber is a bizarre slab of noiz.

i had it wired in for a few sessions.
it will move back into the noiz circuits for more sessions soon.
the Ciat-Lonbarde aresenal keeps growing!
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m up for an AV set sometime. Probably DJ and modular video synthesis at the same time like on my twitch. :crazy_face: :vulcan_salute: