Post some video link/embeds of your stuff here!

Hi! some simple experiments with OBS studio and some old webCams for a live of Victor Newman (electronica) ; just abusing keying/colorCorrection/enhancers while monitoring the stream…
this is the first shot of a series of live stream of local artists from Bordeaux scene (France) … enjoy!

4 Likes

Made this a few months ago, taking an old audio jam I did with some friends and processing it thru several audio reactive patches on an LZX system (primarily focusing on Castle modules). Composed/edited the resultant videos together in Premiere.

Often feel like a lot of my LZX stuff ends up kind of rainbow-y soup, so wanted to try something very stark and minimal here. Also pushing the Castles away from a digital, bitmap computer graphics look, more towards the feel of old experimental films.

11 Likes

Big fan of this for the reasons you mentioned! I love LZX and wish I could afford to dive into Eurorack immediately, but a lot to the content tends to look similar and this doesn’t. Really cool!!

1 Like

Live improv recording from a show I did w/ Bidisha Das :link: back when this was the sort of thing we could do! Late 2019 at Noiseberg

Standardly one of the machines borked out on the journey over (carrying equipment on a bicycle trailer - this time too many cobbled streets / not enough padding), but was able to fix it afterwards

5 Likes

Aw, I miss Noiseberg. My collective played one of our best live code shows there. This looks great, too.

1 Like

This is a three-part memory piece I did for the CTM Hacklab recently. I keep coming back to this idea of connecting through shared memories, so I made these Fluxus-y scripts and then other participants did the musics and then I did the videos using my own footage, found footage, and VDMX, since I am still waiting for the TBC2 to get my computer footage into analog means.

2 Likes

Howdy neighbourino - they actually did an online event today too: NBxEO #1 ~Boer ~Burnett ~DuChamp ~Sader+Lemberthe ~Noisette

toll! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Ah, never dead!

I’ve got all of the livestreams from the last 6 months or so archived on Youtube, and over the next few weeks I’m hoping to add a second weekly stream of some kind.

1 Like

The last couple months have been pretty bad, and I decided I need to do something to creatively kick myself in the butt. I’ve been trying to create a short clip of some sort every day in February and write a bit of music around it. All of my processing so far is done with ffmpeg filters, and I’ve included parameters in most of the video descriptions. I’ve been variously using a USB microscope, cheap webcams, or generative imagery for these.

Here’s one of my videos from a couple days ago:

Here’s a playlist if you’re interested in the others.
Hopefully some of the ffmpeg filter examples are useful to someone!
Process - YouTube

2 Likes

I just did this one.
Check it out!

8 Likes

Hah!..so we’re 2 degrees of separation only. I’ve met Bidisha and her small DIY synths twice, at the monthly 19" Stammtisch in OHM Berlin - we used to vj there while people jammed on drum machines and synthesizers. We miss that so much.

4 Likes

A lot of my work lately has been involving mundane objects, in this case a purple shopping bag over a webcam with a flashlight shining through it. I couldn’t figure out what to do with it, so slicing it up seemed cool, I like that some of the texture/focus still came through

6 Likes

i uploaded MAGNETIC FIELD RECORDINGS to vimeo… http://vimeo.com/palomakop

https://vimeo.com/524421723

5 Likes

Here’s my new inspirational drawing show that I’m pitching to PBS his fall!
This is watercolor pencils with a lot of saturation boost and delay in ffmpeg. I wanted the watercolors to bleed more, and I think I need different paper. I need to make a better rig for holding everything in place.

3 Likes

Feel the viral Bern!

2 Likes

some new ffmpeg experiments
getting more familiar
I’ll be doing some ~1hour long sample packs of this kind of material

2 Likes

new to the forum, hi hi :ok_man: !
This uses video synth by @andrei_jay the waaave Pool, and a glitch box with video microscopes and also oil and water dye, filming water on a iPad screen, and some location shots. learning Premiere still… not too sure about it yet but it’s been interesting to try to make a kind of narrative or arc with editing abstract images in a long sequence… cheers from SF…

youtube is all I have right now, I don’t have vimeo but maybe I should :thinking:

6 Likes

great idea!