Post some video link/embeds of your stuff here!

The scrips used for this animation and the stereo panning.

http://digital-defect.org/en/post/color2sound-panning/

1 Like

a (rare) live performance from house party at my place last weekend:

featuring my friend perry on deluge + remixing some video samples from their microscope art

live video is done on r_e_c_u_r , mainly messing with layers of shaders in an internal feedback loop

5 Likes

Over the past few months Iā€™ve been working on an EP where each track has its own visuals to accompany it. I recorded all of these tracks only using my modular, breaks from my MPC1k processed through the modular, and a guitar which again, plugged into the modular.

It all started for me after eyesy was ported to run on a different bit of hardware. Tried it and was hooked, had the creative juices flowing. The first 3 tracks are exclusively an eyesy affair but by the time I finished those I was knee deep into a r_e_c_u_r setup and the last tune, spring break, reflects that (and probably looks a shit show but hey, yolo).

Thanks in advance for checking it out!

1 Like

here is one of the latest from a new batch of ffmpeg play

this one isnā€™t really one of my favorites but gets the broad scope gist across. There is more work to be done but for now Iā€™m just trying to understand best practices compositionally for videos to go through this process.

I was thinking about doing a livestream on here at some point soon showcasing some of my favorites :slight_smile:

3 Likes

An experiment with ray marching, signed distance functions and videos. The rendering of the signed distance functions is heavily overlaid by the videos. It should not look like a perfect ray marching, but push the method to its limits. The scenes mostly consist of the combination of a few spheres. Sometimes the radius of the spheres are modified by the brightness of the video. After the ray marching rendering, the image is altered by a point raster, a feedback loop or by a contour finder.

5 Likes

Made a video for my friend Cole using Spectral mesh and filming a fire with a video microscopeā€¦ enjoy!

6 Likes

I hope youā€™ll forgive that this one is not my own but some incredible new work from some friends/artists I admire, HEXA (Lawrence English & Jamie Stewart) video by Scott Morrison, who is not the Australian PM.

Itā€™s worth first reading about Lawrenceā€™s dream that inspired the album.

4 Likes

A little glitch videoclip I did recently for Alma Negra mostly CBV001 doing the work in here.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I want to humbly join this thread with a little project Iā€™ve been trying to pay attention in the last couple months. Iā€™ve been making this ā€œvideosynthā€ in vvvv gamma with skia backend. It is still work in progress and I havenā€™t even touched some aspects like color generation, but yet it is already quite appealing to me. Iā€™m inspired with analog video synths (actually planning to make one for my self too!) and Islamic patterns and Iā€™ve chosen vvvv with skia for this since I was using skia in a C# project for custom UI rendering and was curious of what else it can do. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

5 Likes

Really like this, especially how organic it feels. I think you could do without it switching rotation direction, because in those moments the theme seems to break down a bit. I really love the subtle shimmers/refractions of white that appear at the edge of the circle, which to me gives it a tactile feeling.

Thanks a lot @rnkn! But those rotations are adding some nice effects in between the transitions too. I should say capture and youtube eats up a lot of smoothness of it and when generated real-time it looks very much more organic and lively.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a couple little clips, mostly wanted to share the video source. Colorado state has these rad ā€œloop of the dayā€ images from GOES satellites. Hereā€™s a hurricane clip that I applied motion interpolation to, and then made the colors trippier. The second adds chonky scaling and dilation to make it wonkier.

Loops from https://www.cira.colostate.edu/ . They also have a rad tool called RAMMB Slider thatā€™s useful to see how much of my state is on fire :crying_cat_face: https://rammb-slider.cira.colostate.edu/

3 Likes

This turned out interesting. The source footage is a roll of copper tape on top of a lazy susan captured with a cheap usb microscope. Iā€™m doing an edge detection and some colorization in ffmpeg.

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my latest efforts. My first play about with the 3TrinsRGB+1c from gieskes.nl. Iā€™m feeding a cheap car reversal camera into it, then mixing that signal from the video synth with a video scope from Critter & Guitari in an Edirol v4.

6 Likes

Behold the power of can labels

5 Likes

Really loving the WAAAVE Pool, and wish I had discovered it earlier!

1 Like

Recently me and my friend directed and produced A/V mix that was originally broadcast as part of a2b2.org Sunset Fest stream.

We were using Panasonic WJ-AVE7 with Glitch Mixer and PS2 along with two laptops. Some additional stuff was such as cover art and logotype was created by my friend in Blender. My girlfriend designed the tribal frame. I did post-production and video editing in DaVinci Resolve as well as recorded the mix.

Full credits in description of video.

4 Likes

Wow there is some INCREDIBLE talent on here exploring the farthest reaches of a/v synthesis. Iā€™m new to this stuff and a lot my output is grounded in other fields, so video synthesis is barely creeping into the periphery of my work.

I have recently been working on music and video art under the name FREAKBAiT:

Iā€™m excited to learn more and introduce much more analog video techniques into my work. This is a rabbithole Iā€™m excited to dive into.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Artificial life and auto_waaaves

Finally got my Opti-Glitch from Tachyon. Hereā€™s the first thing I made. Unfortunately YouTube compresses all hell out of it:

3 Likes