Post some video link/embeds of your stuff here!

Not much there yet, but I did finally break down and start an Instagram (or rather recovered the password of the old one I hadn’t used in years and don’t even remember opening to begin with).

It’ll be a mix of music and video stuff and I probably won’t be posting much.

2 Likes

I recently made this with a fellow editor and came out with one of my most effects and video-bending heavy videos yet. I used a extensive amount of datamoshing, rgb and various other effects and blend modes before running the video through my VCR and Chroma Corruptor several times. I then took 3-4 different mixed versions and cut them in post before finalizing it.

I’d be curious to hear what some of you think. It seems like generally Video Mixers and such are often used for live showings or loops using a CRT. I mainly use it for blending videos.

480p for aesthetic, 4K for clarity.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Awesome to see all the creativity in this community…just wanted to share this performancw I got to join recently doing the visuals…would love feedback as I’m always learning. This setup was edirol v4, strange loop, hypno, structure and syntonie cvb001.

Ps performance starts around 20 minutes ans visuals a few minutes after. Cheers!

This is awesome. Can I ask how you blended the Aum images so clearly? Would love to see more!

1 Like

Hey thanks very much. I made a loop using touch designer and a patch from Wednesdayayay. This created the background with the moving aums. I had to use ffmpg to get a 16/9 video by stacking two aum animations together.
The other aum is a static image. Both are played back using tbc2 and through modular lzx gear. Also the scrolling wavy vertical lines are my diy feedback synth. Quite a lot going on really :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I use recur to playback my animations

1 Like

I have a lot more on my YouTube channel
Robin Sutcliffe Universal Light.

1 Like

Cool ill take a look! Very interesting chain youve got set up for that. I appreciate the rig rundown!

1 Like

Thanks friend. Any time. I love talking about the process. If u have any questions leave comments on the videos
R

1 Like

I picked up a Hypno from Sleepy Circuits recently, and having a lot of fun with it. Here’s the first video I’ve put together, with a cheapo USB webcam. Music by me.

4 Likes

Some stuff from my latest EP (Deep Techno)

2x Structure; cheap security cam; Hi8-Camcorder → glitched and mixed down via Edirol V4.
(Re-scanned from a Sony PVM)

2x Structure; cheap security cam; Hi8-Camcorder (no glitches).
(Re-scanned from a Sony PVM)

And - a quieter ambient experience

1 Like

This summer I created 3 experimental animations. They are held in very reduced colors, almost black and white and without sound. It was my contribution to “schwarzweiß ist die bessere farbe”, a film screening in Münster. These animations are deliberately without sound, because the music is played live. Just like 100 years ago in a silent movie theater.

Walking

Charlottenplatz

Wind and Grass

3 Likes

Here’s a quick test of the LoFi Future T420UHG. This is a camcorder into the T420UHG and then directly into capture card.

1 Like

Glas

(Monomachine SFX-60 MK II and SFX-6, MachineDrum MKII, Strymon BigSky, Mezkalin Glitch Gear)

Memories of the past and a happy childhood - fragile as glas.
Never forget the ones you love!

1 Like

P1NK ELEFANT
(Monomachine SFX6, Machinedrum, Analog4, Strymon BigSky)
Live recorded in a single take on 1010 Bluebox - no additional plugins were used.

Mezkalin Heartbeat and Synthwaver3 used to glitch Super8 footage (rescanned on a Hi8 camcorder).