Scanlines 2yr birthday showcase 🎈

that sounds perfect thanks for putting together @andrei_jay :blush:

yeah maybe we put out another edit closer to the date with names on it. last yr the screening started at 4:20pm edt. which seemed to work ok for most folks

1 Like

I think it would be great if you could add fields to Google Forms such as title of the submission, author and maybe some little background information about the video itself (that could be optional field) - where we could describe in two sentences why it was made or what it is.

Author and title seem kinda essential for me personally (but I assume for some people in here as well) as forum nickname does not always equal author/credit name.

2 Likes

would probably be a good idea to include credits in the video file if you would like them, otherwise we will be discussing it and sharing info in the chat

1 Like

heres what i gots so far, can put some contributing artists in the middle if we’d like.

5 Likes

yusss thanks so much i love it !

and ya good idea i can add to form now - as paloma said usually the author can write some about the piece in the chat while it plays… but incase u cant make it to stream. can message me details.

tagging the people who contributed to last years stream - i hope some of you have something else we can watch together ?

@robp @Meudiademorte @Kandid @autr @sarahghp @January @ixianoptical @pixelflowers @bobbypharaoh @giantmecha @TubularCorporation @hypermosh @outoftunewolf @bearanoid

5 Likes

I’m trying to find time to work on something special, but if I don’t get that done I’ll try to send you something else anyway. Hopefully i’ll get it to you by the end of this week :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

love this poster! Thanks for putting this together.

I’m pumped to see what people have been working on.

1 Like

thank you all for this effort, we plan to contribute…it will be likely be last minute :hear_no_evil:

1 Like

thanks for the reminder! totally forgot to look whats up on scanlines in the last few months.

I wish I did, but I moved a few months ago and I don’t even have my video gear unpacked yet.

I have plenty of music recorded, so if anyone needs a last minute soundtrack I might be able to find something but that’s all I’m going to be able to manage this year.

1 Like

Thanks for the ping! I’ll upload soon — trying to see if my friends wanna contribute sounds to my latest :sparkles: m a s t e r p i e c e :sparkles: .

2 Likes

al’ight lets put a final call / poster out with the artists who have submitted so far:

altered_instruments
andrei_jay
cyberboy666
giantmecha
kalikst
kandid
meudiademorte
palomakop
sarahghp
vvaltz
wednesdayayay
+more?

3 Likes

When’s the cut off date to submit?

@cyberboy666 Hi, I uploaded an animation with light and glass and put the link in the form. It is an old-fashioned HTTP URL through which you can download the video as a mp4 file. No HTTPS.

Refugees from Ukraine are now living with me in my apartment. We have an appointment at the immigration office on April 20. Probably I will not be able to watch the stream this year.

2 Likes

i would say 4:20pm edt april 20th. if u submit during the stream can try get it on but no promises :wink:

3 Likes

Hi there, may I jump in? :sweat_smile:
Here’s my submission - Can't Find My Mind The Cramps Cover Verbalizer - videos.scanlines
KUDOS!

2 Likes

ok i hacked on the names of submitted artists so far onto the poster (sorry icouldnt font match @andrei_jay lol)

keep any submissions coming, and feel free to share this around - see u all in the chat v soon :))

EDIT: poster updated

5 Likes

Submitted! Got it in a little earlier than last year, which was actually in the middle of the showcase. I don’t think I’ll be able to join y’all in the chat but hopefully I’ll be able to catch the stream.

1 Like

Hope I’m not too late for the party! Entirely missed all the deadlines, so just recorded my piece today and uploading now. See you in the chat!

2 Likes