Scanlines 2yr birthday showcase 🎈

as some of u may remember scanlines.xyz was born 20th april 2020 → last year we celebrated this occasion with a showcase live_stream of av works created by this community - i would be v keen to do this again !

so heres the brief:

• please send me a short video (around 10 minutes or less) of something you have created in the last year - it could be anything, from a finished av piece to a recording talking about a process or project…

• you can submit using this form . submissions will be open up until a day or so before. ireally hope you can contribute/join us in celebrating this amazing community

its stil a month away but wanna get this out now to give everyone a chance to put something together

9 Likes

wow, i can’t believe it’s been two years! feels simultaneously like scanlines has existed forever and that the last showcase was just yesterday.

let me know if you want any help with poster making or switching on the embed.

by the way, do you have the recording from last year? i’m trying to remember what i submitted for that one :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

yss pls would love u to make a poster @palomakop - i know it is weird - i was hoping to get some more streamlines shows going between this and the last showcase but alas time slips away as always lol - maybe this yrr !

i didnt record the last showcase but still have all the submissions - your piece last year was WEIRD THINGS

1 Like

Hey! Awesome!
The video we send in would be the video to be streamed? And will the stream be audio, too?
Thanks so much for doing this and I’m happy to help any way I can!

yupp thats correct we will stream all the submissions on the birthday day - audio included :angel:

Cool, thanks!

1 Like

I doubt I’ll even have my stuff unpacked by then but I’ll try to be free to watch the stream, at least.

1 Like

Happy Birthday Scanlines! :tv::sparkles::birthday:

1 Like

what would be the planned GMT for this? and is anyone thinking about making a flyer?

What if the video I want to submit is longer than 10 minutes? Can I send it anyway and you’ll just cut it?

It’s a A/V mix that I’d like to share, however given it’s a mix it’s kinda hard to cut it or edit it so it makes sense. At the same time I don’t wanna take too much air time in the showcase stream.

1 Like

last yr we did it starting at 4;20pm edt - sounds like @palomakop might be up for making poster again - but also if you or anyone else wants to im grateful for the contribution :wink:

if u rather me cut it at 10mins thats no problem

i am always happy to make a flyer but not attached to if if anyone else wants to
so @andrei_jay if you want to do a poster that would be cool!

I’ve been meaning to put together a little datamosh mix from all the videos I haven’t really been able to post anywhere.

would I be allowed to submit a mix a music videos that have been datamoshed or would copyright on the music potentially be an issue?

Nichole and I have been working on getting a new house and all the nonsense that goes into it since November so we have been a bit MIA but should be getting back into the full video art swing ~august.

1 Like

i don’t think we will have any issue with copyright since we are running our own stream server (as opposed to using twitch, youtube, etc. with automatic flagging)

2 Likes

Sent a link to the YT video of the first thing that I ever did with Structure and rescanning. If YT is not okay, I’ll get the file out of the archive (located elsewhere) and flop it on to WeTransfer or similar.

Cool idea.

also probably not a big deal if multiple ppl want to make their own flyers too!

1 Like

just finished my piece a little bit ago
datamoshing madness mega mix
although there is more time…maybe I can remosh or send it through some TD stuff before then.

I can’t wait to see what other people are doing

1 Like

so I got my video uploaded today and submitted but I realized I should probably have done a google drive link instead of just a youtube link.

I’ll PM you that link tomorrow when I get it uploaded @cyberboy666 I’ll probably try to get it uploaded on the videos.scanlines too.

1 Like

ok, so putting together the flyer info rn, have

Event name: scanlines 2 year birthday party

date 4-20 (legalize it)

time (GMT) ?

event type: live streaming pre recorded stuffs from the scanlines community, video feedback, video synthesis, glitch art, new media, creative coding etc + hang out in the chat

list of some ppl invovled? this is optional, i can leave space in the design if we want to add some folks or nah

anything obvious i’m missing? i usually do when i put these together lol

2 Likes