Video signal flow diagrams

reads like

[graphviz engine=dot]
 digraph structs {
 node [shape=record];

struct1 [shape=record,label= "Visual\nCortex  |  <h> H | <v> V|  <hmv> H-V |<hpv> H+V"];
 struct2 [shape=record,label=" Comparators | <1> one| <2> two "];
 struct3 [shape=record,label="Memory\nPalace | { { <a> A |<r> R|<g> G|<b> B}| CV\nInputs }  "];

struct1:h -> struct2:1
struct1:v -> struct2:2

struct1:hmv -> Mixer
struct2:1 -> Mixer;
 struct2:2 -> Mixer;

Mixer -> "2:1 switch"
struct1:hpv -> "2:1 switch"

"2:1 switch" -> Doorway

Doorway -> MULT

MULT -> struct3: a
 MULT -> struct3: r

}
[/graphviz]
2 Likes

Interested in this conversation. Definitely done a few signal flow diagrams over the years.

Here’s one I quickly threw together to explain a patch on the LZX forums recently:

But I guess for my purposes, since I most often find myself drawing diagrams to explain things to other people, it would certainly be most helpful for any conventions to not be as abstract as circuit diagrams but perhaps instead remain a bit more pictographic, like Paloma’s cameras, monitors, and projectors.

2 Likes

EDIT:

I collected all the stuff I put up here and added some information about how to use this for our purposes to start a new thread

4 Likes

Just happened to find this, and it’s actually a great introduction to pre-CAD electronics drafting that’s full of good guidelines for keeping things readable.

2 Likes

EDIT:
I added everything to the graphviz thread

non video related will delete in a minute I’m just trying to render the image
this is my very first audio synth experiment in supercollider that the norns group are currently doing a little workshop on. It uses one of the ideas for the thing I’m ultimately trying to make. The idea being used here is pulse counting an output modifying it and using it as a modulation source for itself.

2 Likes

non video is still on topic imo

3 Likes