Whats everyone working on these days?

my very first video project.

8 Likes

I’m designing a 3TrinsRGB expander.
It is a combination of the (discontinued) LZX RGB expander & 2 extra outputs, composite and S-Video.
The format is Eurorack .

11 Likes

Super cool, @reverselandfill ~ I have the LZX expander but I’m still tempted to build this for the S-video out :slight_smile:

another thing I am working on is this:
feedback edges

which is about this project:

5 Likes

Let’s see - no interesting photos, but I recompiled the Monome Teletype Expander quantizer code to provide multiples/fractions of NTSC video frame rates. It has four outputs that can be sued as wavetable LFOs, and they are accurate and stable to about the hundredth of a Hertz, so you can get some really nice slowly drifting modulation. Next step: ability to control the speed of the drift via a potentiometer.

4 Likes

I wanna see video! Sounds awesome.

Now that everyone involved is vaccinated I’ve had a portastudio tape-swap project going on locally with a few friends.

1 Like

Soon Come!

This looks incredible! Also I just received your SNOW module about a week or two ago and it’s beautiful. Thank ya :slight_smile:

1 Like

damn this is dope!

I recently finished a reverse music videos project, where I shared vids with a handful of musicians and they scored them: https://pleco.conditional.club/

Originally the plan was for a DVD release too, but events transpired, so for now it’s just a site!

6 Likes

i like this idea ! reverse music-videos … video-musics?

2 Likes

video-musics?

I love it.

2 Likes

We’ve been vjing and livestreaming with “Interzone” every Friday (see this post) until recently, with the collaboration of dozens of DJs and musicians who sent us their recordings for us to perform live visuals over. All 70+ episodes have been archived and they are available for streaming and download here.

We still perform every Wednesday with the same formula:

(as usual for our productions, it may include strobes, drugs, hardcore sex)

6 Likes

finally released!

8 Likes

Still mostly focused on in-person, guitar oriented stuff, although the livestreams still use visuals and Octatrack/Kijimi also. Cut don the video setup to two Raspberry Pis, still waiting on backordered parts to build the FFG and a couple other simple analog things to put inside feedback loops. Should be able to start the mini Wobbulator build up again in a couple weeks. All I need is some coil wire and materials for mounting everything.

Built the nicest fuzz pedal I’ve made so far last week, and finished up a tube amp a few weeks ago that had been sitting in a box for years because I started it a long time ago before I could safely finish it.

I’ve got an old, unreleased thing from 2015 finally getting released this summer on a small cassette label that asked me about it last year, but I don’t know the specific dates yet, just that it’s probably their next release as of two months ago. So I guess I need to finally make an actual website of some kind so I can have some kind of usable hub for the different projects I’ve got going.

Making some pretty decent pizzas again, too.

2 Likes

Hell yeah! My first true electronics project was a clone of the fuzz factory, and to this day, it’s my favorite pedal.

1 Like

Hey y’all, glad to post here again. Finally gave in and got a video mixer (Panasonic MX70). Got it for a steal at $200. I also started experimenting around with the VGA feedback loop by LoFiFuture and added an oscillator to it. Would love to hear what the rest of y’all are up to

5 Likes

In the time i was offline i wrote a Physarum simulation in OpenCL. My code and these videos are inspired by an a article from Jeff Jones.: “Characteristics of Pattern Formation and Evolution in Approximations of Physarum Transport Networks”.

1 Like

1 Like