Introduce yourself!

Hello everyone! My name is Ethan, I live in Massachusetts in the U.S., and I’ve been lurking here for a little while, not totally sure where/how to contribute but I love the vibes :two_hearts:

I am not a video artist myself but I trained as an audiovisual archivist. I have a set up to digitize VHS and audio cassette at home and would like to get more space/formats at some point so I could help local artists with their aging tapes. I used to do similar volunteer work with XFR Collective in New York, who y’all should know about and check out some of the stuff they’ve transferred. Also a while back I made this site called The Cable Bible to help archivists putting racks together or working with any kind of legacy media, always love to get feedback or help or suggestions to make it better!

Above all just want to say how beautiful and creative and amazing all the stuff you all do is, keep on keeping on and I’ll probably come to you all eventually with some question about CRTs or TBCs or what have you :heart:

10 Likes

welcome aboard @the_bfool !! happy to have you here, we appreciate the work you and XFR made: How does everyone archive their work? - #4 by robtoner

Hi! My name is Mike (Michał) Liberak. I produce & perform electronic music (hardcore of sorts) as Verbalizer and Pierdochrumszczarka (Fartogruntpisser). My visual project is HachiwariTV and this brings me here :slight_smile:

My idee fixe is the unity of time, space and action, and I am doing my best to meet this criteria when producing music and visuals - all live, done in one take, no post-production.

I started the adventures in video feedback realms thanks to Merlyn Chipman - a wizard from Vancouver, whom I met in 2007 while in Canada, and later in 2010 when he came to visit us in Gdańsk. The guy flew across Atlantic with own modded CRT and projector… He was accompanied by Colin Hendry, a noise genius and performer (Broken Sleep), who later turn my attention to the equipment produced by Cat Full of Ghosts Electronics, whose video synths soon became a cornerstone of my setup. Being notoriously broke, I started to make visuals in 2016 using 14 inch Sony Trinitron, Sony Handycam, CatVi$$ion and SyncShredder. Then I managed to acquire Video Equations (from CFOGE too), V4 (two actually), and Schele-Mixer (from Gijs Geskjes). For recording I am using Canon EOS 550d. My latest addition to this video rig was r_e_c_u_r - I think I was the first to assemble one in the wild XD

Since then I have been performing a couple of times at squat parties here and there (Barcelona Tofu rocked!), art galleries, and regular parties (Hellfish was lit), but since my rig is usually malfunctioning this or other way, I stayed focused on capturing visions in my home studio.

Recently I almost completely stopped doing vids for reasons unknown. Maybe it’s due to eurorack fever i have. I hope that this community will help me revive and sustain interest in doing silly serious video stuff with analogue gear again : )

Software-wise I have used Signal Culture apps, and had tons of fun. Then I started messing with TouchDesigner and I feel I am gonna stick to it for a bit longer despite my mental limitations ; )

I’m 50 yo, living in Gdańsk, Poland and here’s a couple of links to my projects:

HachiwariTV

===

Verbalizer

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/verbalizer

===

Pierdochrumszczarka

https://www.facebook.com/pierdochrumszczarka

https://soundcloud.com/pierdochrumszczarka

===

General (outdated stuff): https://verbalizer.org

===

Cool to be here! KUDOS!

Mike

5 Likes

I’m anillogic across all platforms, based in Chicago. I discovered and built a r_e_c_u_r just before the pandemic kicked off. Since then have amassed a couple of mixers, VCRs, a 3TrinsRGB, and a T-420. I am a user, not a programmer or engineer. I was looking for visuals to accompany/interact with my synthesizer gear. I just discovered this page thanks to the 2nd anniversary. I look forward to seeing what everyone is working on, and scraping whatever bits of knowledge I can.

5 Likes

Hi all. I am Matt but do audio/visual work under I.O.M. I do have a video film background from years ago but have been doing a mix of mostly analog video with my sound/noise making. Currently mixing modular mini video system with analog equipment. My stuff can be found on YT and look forward to joining and contributing to the community here. Thanks!

6 Likes

Hello everybody!

Im Colin from switzerland. I’m an electronic enginer student, and very passionate by video circuits and problem solving in this realm.

I also VJ for some band and local venues.

5 Likes

hi! i’m Z, i make sounds on a modular audio synthesizer as zbs.fm

just getting into video synthesis a little bit. i bought lumen today (and subsequently heard that it’s paused development -_-) after trialing it for a while. not sure if i’ll stick around but thought i’d say hi anyway :wave:

5 Likes

Hey everyone! I’ve been lurking for awhile and promised to make an intro post.

I’ve been diving into glitch art since about April of this year. Started on digital photo glitching and have since expanded myself into AI art and now analog glitch art. It’s been an interesting ride and I’ve fully enjoyed mixing all the above mediums in different combinations to produce works that are visually challenging to ones eye.

My work has been exhibited at a local public farmstead and has also been accepted into an upcoming art exhibit at an area gallery. I’ve also produced some custom pieces for customers. I’m in talks with another location to host some of my work and I’ve also started reaching out to local bands attempting to perform some live visuals for them.

All of the crazy stuff I do can be found in my Linktree.

Looking forward to learning more from this awesome forum.

1 Like

Hi

My name this time around is Robin Sutcliffe. I recently started with video and visual glitch art this year in July. I have made some videos which can be found here

I make music videos for my own tracks and other bands and a lot of music+video art for astrological events such as the moon phases, also glitch portraits with spirit/totem animals and sacred geometric patterns.

Oevrewise I also make character sculptures from ewaste, assemble, build, modify and repair audio (and now video) gear, compose electronic music. Been going with audio a long time, I have fallen extremely hard into video, I LOVE IT

Links and images etc on my website

Happy to join the forum, thanks for setting it up : )

I made this from a close up shot of the moon I took myself

6 Likes

Hey Robin, good to see you are here, welcome!
your videos look cool. it looks like you have a 3trinsrgb. is that correct?
best, Martijn

1 Like

Hi Martijn, very much:) I do indeed have a 3trnsrgb, also his oscillatoscope.

I plan to experiment with some x/nor logic gates with the CV s for the 3Trins, I’m sure some interesting effects can be found. I lack work space right now : )

check out my triple comparator project (voltage controled keying addon for the 3trinsrgb) if you want to expand on that awesome device!

1 Like

Yes! I did, though it’s not yet featured in my videos it’s an amazing addition, thanks!
I got the 3Trins with the 1 comparator plug-in so I could see the value in having three.

poetry really is life, i love it too, its good to now im not the only one ho thinks like that.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Carter! I’m a sophomore in college, and I’m relatively new to video synthesis, but I’d like to learn a lot more. I’m primarily interested in live video glitch art and building my own gear. I’ve just recently started gathering the things to build my own CHA/V as well as a modded GBS 8100, but I’m in need of other build projects—preferably ones that can work in conjunction with those 2 devices once I finish them. Any advice or build recommendations are appreciated!

6 Likes

Hey friends,

I’m a musician who has been been working on my visual art for a few years now. I bought a Waaave_Pool from Andrei a few years ago and have since built a fun and functional projector system around it. I have 6 midi switchable live cameras routed through an array of video mixers, BPMC, Opti Glitch etc.

I recently came out of my shell to join a discord and now this. I have a 0% social media presence and am excited to talk to some likeminded individuals. My main reason for being here is to get help with issues that I can’t find answers for via web searches or lurking on forums.

Hopefully I twill have some things to offer the community. I am an experienced audio engineer both studio and live.

I look forward to meeting some peeps.

3 Likes

Hey, where are you located?

Howdy,

I’m in USA, Great Lakes region. You?

Baltimore! :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m an artist from the Bay Area and longtime open source enthusiast. Just got a grant for developing a new theatre show and hoping to make use of video gear.

Spent 10 years in hackerspaces and during covid became a part-time beta tester for a modular synthesizer company. I have spent a lot of time in the Discourse community (forum software we are using) and with other open projects.

I always thought scanlines forum referred to llllllll forum, so now here I am. :slight_smile:

5 Likes